Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... yesterday... trying to find an owners manual to download and a diagram for the fuses in the engine bay n car... one of the links downloaded... Antivirus 360... so... i deleted it out of my registry, along with all its files... deleted it under start menu and in the programs file... and the bastard is STILL on my fucking computer. Thank god that it didnt affect google chrome (which is a pretty cool search engine...) soo... im going to uninstall IE today after work n reinstall it and see if that fixes it... if not... ill just stick to google chrome!

But EVERY site on IE says blocked for spyware and trojans... even top of the line anti virus sites... like trend micro n shit lmfao... and nothing can get rid of it so fuck it.

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Not positive, but you used to be able to repair IE throught the Add / Remove programs list. Or you can use a safe browser like Opera or Mozilla.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like google chrome actually... i think im gonna stick with it... and i hate all these antivirus programs that i used to use that where FREE that are detecting it... but when i say "remove" oh you gotta buy it for $300 now cause we are greedy now and dont give a shit. Fuck that. Ill just let my computer go to shit.

Avg doesnt pick it up, ad aware u gotta buy now... stopzilla u gotta buy... spy hunter u gotta buy... all them used to be free... i hate this shit.

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
I use Opera myself. I prefer it's layout.

·
OG
1,731 Posts
GOD I hate the shit. I got hit with something similar if not worse a few months ago so I just ghosted from my last image. Luckily I've put some time into having backup images and a streamlined Windows install process (i.e. slipstreamed service packs, IE7) and keeping my data on a NAS box so I say "fuck it" to all that software that claims to be virus scanners, malware filters etc because even the trusted ones are just a half a step above the undesired shit anyway, (except for Spybot S&D and one or two others). I've taken a less is more approach. I usually re-image about twice a year this way. I always have a clean running system.

[off soapbox that I didn't realize I was standing on]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts