Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the stock sr20 set up how many pounds of boost is it safe to run
and what upgrades do i need to raise my boost ?? i know an intercooler and ex. will allow me to raise it an i will need to increase my fuel settings wit some sort of e.m. but whats is a sr20 capable of with out fucking with internals ... im new to the forum an would like to know what u guys think i'm buying a 93 hatchback friday the car has a stock exh mani an i belive stock downpipe a test pipe an a n1 cat back...z32 maf upgraded intercooler its from a volvo an sits in front of the radiator its acctully really big it also has greddy e manage and an exedy clutch... cant wait to rip it its got 202whp not to bad to start i think any one got any good starter tips for lil hp gains....

Ross

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Id say 14 to 15 psi of boost out of the stock t25. After that you just beating the hell out of the turbo. To raise the boost all you need is a boost controler and a boost gauge to see what psi your at. The bottom end can prolly hold around 400-500 hp depending on what condition your motors in and what kind of mods you have. This kind of hp is not very reliable but it should hold it for at least a short period of time.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
my friend has the volvo intercooler that sits in front the radiator. The end tanks are really restrictive but its nice to have the short piping.

With a Walbro Fuel Pump and Boost Controller you can raise the T25 to around 1 Bar.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im deff goin to put boost controller and prob the fuel pump in a lil while for now im goin to buy a nice front mount anyone heard anything about the hybrid on enjuku.com i dont have the money for a blitz or greddy or is it worth the time to wait an just buy the lm or the vspl ??? need some help here so all the reply's i get would be great im also looking into a exh. mani but i think i should do some fuel like pump, regulator and injectors then just save up an go to a top mount mani and switch out the turbo... let me know what u guys think

·
Registered
654 Posts
get a fuel pump before anything else, expecially before you turn the boost up. You dont want to run lean and blow you're motor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts