Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am not very new here, but I finally got my 240 last night. The only problem with the car is that when you try to start it after it has already been warmed up, you have to pump the gas for about 10 seconds. Also when it gets between 3k - 4.5k it seems to mis-fire and bog, but after that it pulls hard like it's supposed to.
Just wondering if it could be a bad injector, with the injector possibly sticking too much.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And to clarify a little, it's a 93 coupe with a 97 Ka24de. So if anybody knows what the problem is, please let me know.
Thanks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not quite sure if I could tell you, but my local mechanic said that the fuel pump didn't hold enough pressure. He said it only held 25 (Not sure what unit) while it was supposed to hold 35. And now it seems to run great, except now I've just realized that my brake light and battery light are flashing as of yesterday. Also, I am hearing a noise when I'm turning left that sounds like a tree branch is stuck under my car and scraping. Not sure what that could be, but if anybody knows it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
alternator could be on it's way out. that could be causing the falshing brake n battery light. is the belt tight? and for the tree branch sounding situation, is the car lowered?? are the front shocks dead?? info brutha, INFO!! keep us updated. -Josh

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the car is not lowered, and I think the shocks are fine. But the problem is starting to come back now with the fuel. Damn this kind of pisses me off.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
damn bro, sounds like me when i first got my 240. i'd say run some fuel injector cleaner through your tank, like some seafoam or something, replace your fuel filter, & check your fuel lines for cracks/leaks. the lines are a common culprit for bogging. also bogging can be caused by bad grounds, & a bad knock sensor. mine bogged pretty hard from like 2-3k and it turned out ot be a knock sensor. but check your fuel system first, after you've determined that its ok, go on from there. our cars are old, & replacing parts is just the way it is. i am always working on my car, she's an attention whore, but i still love her.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I've got a little update, so today I go to my car and am about to go to my friends house and the car wanted to turn over but not turn on. So I jump started it, it ran alright, and eventually turned off. So I got the battery tested, test results said it was shit. Well the battery was from Wal-Mart and they had a 3 year warranty so I got a new battery for free! So I get home, put the cables back, and sure enough it starts right up and has ran good all of tonight so far. I'm not sure, but if this battery would happen to go dead could it be the alternator not holding the charge or something?
Thanks a lot to everyone that's helped me through these little things so far.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well since last night the car has been running good, and has started up good every time today. So hopefully it was just the battery. And to the vatozone comment lol.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Good thing for peeps to do when they get their first 240 is to just go through EVERYTHING, check airfilters pumps alternators plugs lines battery charges, timing, just.. go through everything, cause if you find one thing thats wrong.. most of the time it will lead to other things that need fixing :)
The more work you put into her, the better she will be in the end : D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I hate to have another update but it seems that the car was running good when it was only running on the battery. And once that battery was drained it was only left to the alternator, but since the alternator wasn't charging I got stuck again. I was coming home from work and the car just started missing REALLY bad and I was at one point not even using the actual headlights to keep the car moving. So today we took off the alternator and got it checked and it was only charging to 11 volts instead of 15 volts so hopefully today I can get another one, if not tommorow. I just can't believe all this bullshit can just go wrong when I got the car. Well that's just more money spent.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, now I've got the other alternator on, but I need to know if there are two bolts or only one, because I only can see a place for the one bolt that mounts it to the engine. The only thing is that once you start the car up, the belt loosens and starts screeching. So if anybody can help, it would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts