Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 240sx SOHC. Speedometer comes on and off at random. I've tried 2 different gauge clusters and 2 different gauge clusters harnesses. And yes they are hooked up the right way. Also the gauge cluster lights EXTREEMLY dim when the running lights are on but they turn off completely when the head lights are on. I Read a while back on a forum (maybe this one) that some one was having a similar problem and they said the culprit was a white box under the driver-side dash and I was wondering which one it was cause there is a small one and a big one.

·
Registered
902 Posts
DUDE I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WELL ATLEAST THE LIGHTING ONE BUT MY DASH LIGHTS DONT COME ON AT ALL SO WEN I DRIVE AT NIGHT I CANT SEE MY SPEED OR MY RPM'S WHICH SUCKS:tears

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got my car back running today and went for a ride the speedo is still not working. If your lights are not working at all try the fuse if that's fine its a small white box behind the kick panel on the driver side its got wires coming out of the bottom of it that's what was with my lights i think my speedo problem is the wiring coming off the sensor.

good luck

·
Registered
902 Posts
my fuses are all good i checked them all yesterday soo imma try what you told me or else check out the cluster cuz im tired of rolling lightless:ramble

·
Registered
85 Posts
My speedo has not worked properly for a year or so. Can't figure it out either. If you find a solution, post up! (I posted something about my dash problems a long while ago, might have been me)

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Have you guys tried a speed sensor?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok well for me the white box fixed the light problem but not the speedo. I do think my speedo problem is the speed sensor. That being said here is a few pics of the box and where it is. just remove the kick panel and its rite there behind it.
the white box on the bottom is the new one i have not mounted it yet but it goes in place of the one rite above it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts