Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been talking to luketownsend on the board here and we want to set up a meet. We have been talking about maybe a meet up and cruise down to Lower Wacker (some long tunnel thing I guess) and have someone video tape the thing and post a polished up vid on here for all to see.

Another idea (which I like more, but is more money) is to meet up around woodfield mall and take a cruise over to Chicago Indoor Racing (very nearby) and do some laps in their go-karts. Afterwards, heading back over to woodfield or somewhere and just hanging out, getting some food, and shootin the shit.

I don't have prices on the track. I do know they have discounts on partys starting at 6 people going to 600. If we got enough people to do it (and make it cheaper) would anyone be SERIOUSLY interested? (seriously)

It doesn't have to be limited to 240 owners. If some people would like to work with us and advertise on other forums (ie. clubfr, zilvia, chicago velocity, ect.) you could pm me or luketownsend and let us know what you can do.

Now lets talk about timeframe. I would like to see a good indication by the beginning of march of who is in and what you would like to do. Any other suggestions would be cool as well. But we were thinking about doing this the last week of April, probably Sunday since most meets take place then. On sunday they are open from 3pm.-9pm. so I think it would be nice to meet up around 2pm. and hang out for about an hour so that everyone can get there then around 3pm. head over to chicago indoor racing.

They require that you be at least 18 years of age with a valid drivers license and be stone sober. Anyone suspected of being intoxicated with have to submit a breathalizer (so no getting drunk guys :)). They also require everyone to take an hour class, probably going over the track and safty information. Also, they ask that you wear shoes (not sandles) and they say that most sizes can be taken care of, but if your over 250lbs. you may have some difficulty.
www.chicagoindoorracing.com

So, is anyone interested?

·
Registered
126 Posts
FF in da house, im down. Myabe some FF sr guys will be down.

P.S. ahahha stillen 180sx I seriusly love your sig pic, funniest shit ever.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nackers said:
I think you'll be the only FF guy. Most of the people that are comming so far are from Club FR... You'll be outta place for sure. :)
Its alright, exactly why I love my car, who owns FF sr20s nowadays, people dont even kno they exist. You should see people on vw posts, some guy asked me " how did you get a rwd motor into your car":thumbsup

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you post on vw forum, there will be an EASY 30 more people. They come out no matter what. I went to one of there meets last weekend, at least 30 cars came out while it was snowing.

·
Registered
670 Posts
indoor racing = teh win
at least 18 years old = teh lose

gonna be 18 in september....damn

i would post now in www.thevboard.com with an exact date and time and make sure u DO NOT CHANGE THE DATE ever, so yea the v board needs like months and months in advance lol

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea, date is staying the same... will post more when were closer to the date. It will be a cruise/parking lot chillin'/photo drive.

I want to have a lot of people, but I don't want a lot of FF cars. 240's and some other FR are ok. I posted on the eclipse board because I know thoes guys personally. If some SE-R's wanna come out, have at it.

·
Registered
670 Posts
those are the forums i posed when i tried to get a meet going.

i really dont have time now to post it right now but if you guys want to start early, those are mostly all for FR cars .

1 - 20 of 53 Posts