Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
basically i was pulling out of the school parking lot to the right
and to my left there was a bus loading passesngers, so from what i see theres no car coming so i look the other way and pull out
this guy comes at about 50 or 55 and hits me
who do you think is at fault here?
i think he should have slowed down a bit cause of the bus
and he shouldnt have been going 55 in a 25mph school zone

his damage

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Him speeding like that will put the ball in your court more than likely. That sucks though, at least you're all right right?

·
Registered
867 Posts
Holy shit your car looks pretty bad.. Probably his fault because loading/unloading bus's are supposed to make traffic stop no?

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
Damage always seems less on the attacker huh... I know in TN you are supposed to stop for buses and him speeding should put him at fault, if he hadn't been flying then there would have been no wreck.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Him speeding like that will put the ball in your court more than likely. That sucks though, at least you're all right right?
yeah im all right
my girl was in the car too luckily shes ok as well

Holy shit your car looks pretty bad.. Probably his fault because loading/unloading bus's are supposed to make traffic stop no?
yeah theyre supposed to but that bus stays there for about 15 minutes so most people slow down since they cant see past the bus

Damage always seems less on the attacker huh... I know in TN you are supposed to stop for buses and him speeding should put him at fault, if he hadn't been flying then there would have been no wreck.
yeah if he would been doing 25 like hes supposed to since kids were all over the place it wouldnt have happened

how do you know he was going 50+mph shit doesnt look like 50+mph damage.
the speed limit is normally 45 on that street
most cars do 50 to 60
he came out of nowhere pretty quick and two witnesses i talked to said around 50mph too

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i drove the car home it felt fine
no leaks
didnt shake or anything
so its just body damage
im really just hoping the insurance doesnt total it

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
so when you pulled out to the right you pulled into the far lane?

isnt that an illegal right turn?

this is how i see it happening which would make it your fault

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Have you ever seen Bus Turnout lanes? In California they are required to be something like 60% out of the main road, but not completely, making a large blind spot for people to drive around. It would be very easy for EON to be doing something legal the way he described it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i forgot to draw it but yeah the bus was like 60% off the main road
and theres a school zone 25mph sign about a half block away right where the schools football field starts
so when i look left i look pass the bus to where the road curves cause thats how you can see the cars coming
and i saw no cars then i turn out and out of nowhere he hits me so i think he was going pretty fast to get pass the bus and hit me

and all the blue dots are kids

·
Registered
10,717 Posts
are you the red car and where is his car how did he hit you?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah im the red car and his car would be coming from behind the bus

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
I really hope he gets what he deserves.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts