Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took 4 days, 4 hours 3 days and 2 the last for a total of 14 with just one person, Me. But it was worth it because now my cars drives like a 16 year old dream with a new clutch. The car I drove while my car was down and out was my girlfriends Del Sol with flowerery steering wheel cover and seat covers....it sucked and was a slow auto. But I did try to race a 06 Miata with it, but it smoked me, oh well.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
Tokyo_K's said:
I took 4 days, 4 hours 3 days and 2 the last for a total of 14 with just one person, Me. But it was worth it because now my cars drives like a 16 year old dream with a new clutch. The car I drove while my car was down and out was my girlfriends Del Sol with flowerery steering wheel cover and seat covers....it sucked and was a slow auto. But I did try to race a 06 Miata with it, but it smoked me, oh well.
congrats, what clutch did u go with?.....yea when my s13 was down and out for some repairs i had to drive my gf's '94 4dr Honda Accord LX...something has to be wrong with
that accord because theres no way it can be that slow

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just an exedy oem replacement and I think the same thing about the del sol, there is no way it can be that slow.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
congratz
make sure you brake that clutch in before you go hog wild on it. they can glaze up and you will have to do it all over.
i did my clutch in 4 hours with my roommate helping me. no down time. stage 3 and im preaty happy with it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
cool, congrats. i got an exedy replacement waiting to go in also. how do you like it? and i'll probably have to resort to driving my gf's car too. just imagine a 2004 corolla with stuffed animals visible from the rear window. girls.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
teknobuzz89 said:
How does that clutch feel on the stock-ish Ka? what about the engagement and stuff, is it drasticly harsher?
if its an oem replacement, what do you think?
it's gonna feel nearly stock. even the exedy stage 2 feels fairly stock

·
SLO-S13
4,454 Posts
Be careful with hard driving on that clutch, it will heat up fast and begin to slip quite easily.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I think my clutch feels pretty good. Definately a lot better than MY stock clutch. But my clutch pedal is a lot harsher onnly because I forgot to lube the input shaft so the throwout bearing is kinda having a rough time sliding back and forth. Sucks for me. So I will probaly do it again just to fix that problem. I had a question though. If your pressure plate is still new do you have to replace it when doing your clutch everytime?

·
SLO-S13
4,454 Posts
I recommend changing both the clutch plate and pressure plate while doing a clutch swap. You should've gone to a lightweight flywheel too, god do I love mine!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts