Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well heres my project s13.. its a 1991 240sx Hatchback SE..it was pretty banged up when i got it but its on the road to recovery...plans for when warm weather comes are to install my sr20det + various mods, finish body/prep work, paint, s13 silvia front end, minor suspension work, and some various other exterior changes. current mods are 3" blitz nurspec r exhaust system, megan racing 3" test pipe, 180sx kouki taillights, and a cusco drift button(if that counts).

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
+1 for pignose, i'm not a fan of the chuki...

silvia front though..mmm..goood taste. looking forward to this build.

·
Registered
9,925 Posts
Looking good man. Quit bitching how cold it is down there lol probably high 40s lol. Down here its high 20s to mid 30s and Im still working on my car once in a while. Todays mid 40s so I should take out my KA.

Keep us updating! :dancingco

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mini update: picked up j30 vlsd, RS*R D1-Spec Suspension bushing kit, jdm bubble shift knob, and i should be picking up a 5 lug conversion + a used but mint set of GramLight 57C's 17X8.5 + 22 up front 17X9.5 +22 in the rear in the next week or two...this build should start in about 2-3 months if all goes according to plan, which it never does.

whats left on the shopping list: gasket kit, belts, hoses, MR turbo manifold + turbo extension, and a clutch.

i also have gotten my hands on a sand blaster + 30 gal compressor so some body work should be comming soon.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
picked up some hard rubber nismo differential mounting bushings for the J30 vlsd. i was gonna rig it but i figured i'd just spend the extra $$ to do it right. also picked up 180sx kouki rear valances and skirts from I_Go_Splat. i'm not getting the gram lights anymore. im saving a little dough and buying some MB Motorsport's "Weapon" wheels. 17X9 +17 all around. i might pick up some used coilovers to roll on if i get lucky.

tentative shopping list as of now consists of: gasket kit, metal head gasket, belts, hoses, ARP studs, clutch (Exedy stage 2). i may or may not get the MR manifold + turbo extension. we'll see what happens.

i'm getting close to starting my build thread so i'll just start a new thread when im ready.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Dude, what kina antenna is that? I hate the stock one.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
it may be awhile before i sell it...im havin trouble finding decently priced S13 silvia fenders, hood, and a bumper.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update!!

after much tough labor, i finally got my J30 vlsd installed. while i had it all dissassembled, i went ahead and installed my RS*R rear sway bar bushings. i also installed my 180sx kouki/type-x rear valances and rear lip spoiler. i'll have pics up later.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
UPDATE WITH PICS:

here's the j30 diff cleaned up and ready to go in.

behold the poopie open diff after being removed.

heres the j30 diff with the swapped cover all cleaned up and ready to go in.

during the install i decided to change the rear anti-sway bar bushings to the hard poly-urethane bushings in the RS*R bushing kit.

heres the mounting bushings.

...and the endlink bushings.

heres the 180sx kouki/type-x rear valances. i think they look pretty good.

...so hardcore....

and for the last pic:

heres my recently added bubble shift knob. its much taller than the stock shift knob. i like it and it seriously has reduced missed shifts and its nice to not have to reach as far to shift.

thats all for now. i'll have some more updates coming soon...

1 - 20 of 101 Posts