Nissan 240SX Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so after i end my pillar bar Group buy, im leaning towards a springs Group buy. so here’s the prices and details.

Ok well if 10 people are in for the group buy this is the price.

$130.00+ $15.00 shipping BUT LOCAL PICK UP IS AVAILIBLE

And could possibly get lower, If I can get more than 10.

Here’s what you are getting

For: 1989-1994 Nissan 240SX
Manufacure: TEIN
Name: TEIN S-TECH SPRINGS
Retail Price: $200.00

Here’s a Picture just to show you the springs.

The faster you guys let me know, how many of you are actually down with this buy, I can start shipping these babies out.

Thanks
Steven

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
i'm down man, i'll have the money on 8/19 for em

·
Registered
108 Posts
InsanityInc said:
Why in the world do they make lowering springs that drop the car more in the front for 240's? They're RWD, why would you want to shift your weight forward?
I may be wrong but, changing ride height doesn't affect static weight distribution. Aesthetics maybe be one of the reaons for the front being lower, but that does not mean these springs are badly designed or will make your car perform worse.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Hint: there's a reason why the new Celicas and things like Integras/Preludes are tilted forward and the 350z and s2000 aren't.

EDIT: and because somebody will undoubtedly try to claim that the s2000 is tilted forward, allow me to save you some time and point out now that it isn't:

Don't be fooled by the shape of the car, look at the ground clearance.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just looked up my book, if I understand the book correctly (Skip Barber's going faster), static weight distribution WILL NOT be changed by the amount of lowering/raising springs in the SAME axle (ie if you lower both front springs more and keep the rear springs the same, it will NOT affect weight distribution). Meaning the S Tech springs will not make your car front heavy.

your argument on integras/preludes vs 350z/s2000 makes no argument - my family's camry isn't tilted forward, so it must be RWD.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
So, toyota tries to squeeze as much performance as possible out of the camry? My point is that there's a reason why a celica is tilted forward, and a reason why the 350z isn't. If it were just for looks, don't you think the s2000 would have been actually tilted forward instead of just looking like it is?

Seriously, dropping your car more in the front or rear does change the performance of the car, especially if the difference is drastic."static" weight distribution might not be changed, but that doesn't matter one bit, because we live in a magical land where gravity and inertia exist.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.