Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
seen it, it's pretty fucking cool.

but it isn't really a GTO. it looks like one, but the vauxhaull monaro has the motor - nothing else - in common with the gto. the suspension is much more advanced than chevy's "recycled slinkey" spring system, and the car as a whole was far better balanced. plus it dosen't look like a dumpy-eyed cavalier, which the gto looks like. it's got some nasty character. i'd take a monaro over a gto any day, simply because i hate gm and chrystler's recent engineering. not too big of a fan of ford lately, ethier.

·
Registered
14,761 Posts
i_Go_SpLaT said:
seen it, it's pretty fucking cool.

but it isn't really a GTO. it looks like one, but the vauxhaull monaro has the motor - nothing else - in common with the gto. the suspension is much more advanced than chevy's "recycled slinkey" spring system, and the car as a whole was far better balanced. plus it dosen't look like a dumpy-eyed cavalier, which the gto looks like. it's got some nasty character. i'd take a monaro over a gto any day, simply because i hate gm and chrystler's recent engineering. not too big of a fan of ford lately, ethier.

too bad gm stole the designs for the gto from the holden monaro (aka Vauxhaul VXR)

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Now you see why those guys get paid to drive a car sidways......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts