Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched on this forum and referred to the FSM. No help on here, the FSM says it's held in my 1 bolt and the rest is just sealed on. I heat it up with a heatgun and begin to tug on it, but I feel like I am going to break it. I'd rather not crack/smash these windows, so any help is appreciated.

- Rob

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
darklord424 said:
When i took the quarter glass off my coupe I took of the molding on it andcut the sealant with a razor blade. Possibly try that.

you sure the molding isnt a part of the window? i tried pulling off my molding but it wasn't coming off easy like the rest of my windows.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
You need a hotknife retard. The moulding doesnt do anything. Watch out, quarter windows are fragile.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
AlwaysSideways said:
yea it just so happens, i got one of those leftover from jamming it in your moms ass. thanks for the advice.
That made me giggle like I was a schoolgirl again and Im suprised you got it back. Lighten up.

Oh yeah, and usually a glass company will drive to your house and install glass for free but I guess you would have to be buying glass.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I just thought, maybe using a peice of piano wire and sliding it to cut the sealant may work. Like what its saying to do in the FSM.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I did mine with a piece of welding wire, i just slide it back and forth and went around the whole window. Took a while, but worked.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts