Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my friend and i got my engine in and hooked up but when we went to turn it over, rad coolant was coming out of exhaust (didnt hook exhaust up) so i presume that the headgasket seal blew? correct?

and also the power windows and locks dont work, so i presume its a fuse but i checked the one under the hood and it seemed fine, is there one under the dash too?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeh i know theres a fuse box, but are the windows and locks even run through there. yeh the coolan would flow out whenever we tried to crank it, i bought the engine from a guy when it had a blown headgasket, and did a complete seal rebuild and now this, wondering if it has something to do w/ the head

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
just look under there and see. Did you get the head plained/ the block too and what kind of hg did you use. Some times copper ones are hard to seal.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeh im positive its coming from exhaust....and i hooked the coolant lines up to the heater core, only thing that isnt hooked up is the ac lines to firewall (not running ac), i just used a plain paper type gasket seal that i bought with the kit, come to find out, i totally forgot to buy new head bolts, cause oreilly gave me head bolts for a 90 ka24e and those didnt fit due to the bolt head being to big, i used the same ones, stupid me, i forgot that the seal blew and thats the reason why it blew this time.......me and my friend were thinking, if we could use new head bolts and prob save the trouble of taking the whole engine out and apart, and hope that the tighter seal, will seal the gasket. any ideas?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
if you start the engine do bubbles come out of the rad cap when its off. if so your head gasket its blown. also since you have coolant coming out of the exhaust its probaly blown.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
well i know that dope, question is can i seal it since it was never sealed int he first place w/o taking the engine out and apart

i know i'd have to drain the engine and everything

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
what do you mean seal it. if its not alreaty sealed that means that you didnt Tq the head to the block and your fucked. if you did Tq the head and its not sealing then your head/block is warped and your screwed. eather way you need to take the head off. you dont need to take the engine out of the car, its not any easier. a head gasket on a SOHC is cake. with an air ratchet and some simple hand tools you should beable to do it in under 2 hrs.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its a 95 DOHC, but i mean, the seal was a brand new seal, but the bolts i used were from the original engine so they were already stretched, but i bought a new seal and 10 new stretch bolts so gonna knock it out wed hopefully if weather permits? you honestly think its "easier" to leave the engine in rather than take it out?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts