Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum. I'm a local of north Houston, TX(Spring, TX). I'm currently searching for a s14 to buy. Don't mind traveling a bit to do so. Looking forward to being a member and 240 ownership.

·
The Irrelevant Mod
29,281 Posts
New to the forum. I'm a local of north Houston, TX(Spring, TX). I'm currently searching for a s14 to buy. Don't mind traveling a bit to do so. Looking forward to being a member and 240 ownership.
Apart from the welcoming questions posed by collegekid, which you should totally answer, I'd like to extend a nice lil ole welcome to you meself.

So you know, once you post a certain amount, you'll get granted access to the marketplace. It may seem like a hassle, but it's to encourage you to lurk around and post/share/discuss threads (not incredibly dead ones from 4 years ago), so as to increase your experience on the forum. Any questions, ask collegekid. If you come to me, expect a bill. :big_grin:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Welcome to the forum,
You are lucky that you are down south as you will be able ot pick up a rust free car. Tell us a little more about yourself. Is this your first car? What others have you owned, etc.
Thank you! One of the many percs of the south. I have a camaro as well with a built motor and procharger(although it's sitting in pieces right now). I'm looking forward to doing a 240 build as the S chassis has been a dream car of mine since I was a little kid. My dad had one back in the day, so my intentions are to mainly restore one back to original glory with slight updating as needed. I have no experience with interior or electrical work, but I'm looking forward to gaining that experience. It's been tough finding an s14 that isn't in pieces or doesn't have a ridiculous drift tax on it, but we all know how important patience is in this hobby.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Apart from the welcoming questions posed by collegekid, which you should totally answer, I'd like to extend a nice lil ole welcome to you meself.

So you know, once you post a certain amount, you'll get granted access to the marketplace. It may seem like a hassle, but it's to encourage you to lurk around and post/share/discuss threads (not incredibly dead ones from 4 years ago), so as to increase your experience on the forum. Any questions, ask collegekid. If you come to me, expect a bill. :big_grin:
Thank you! I will make an effort to do so quickly. And I'll keep that in mind lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Wanted to update y'all, I picked up this s14 about 5 weeks ago! She's pretty much stock (minus a custom interior). In the time that I've had her, I've done some regular maintenance. Changed/flushed most of the fluids, spark plugs, filter, and cleaned and sanitized the hell out of it. The car really only had some minor imperfections, loose trunk(fixed by adjusting latch), Needs new motor mounts(Leaning towards ordering the ISR ones, but open to suggestions!), and a rattle that sounds like its coming from behind the airbag in the steering wheel. I took apart most of the trim to see if it was a little behind there but found that it was indeed somewhere right behind the airbag.. i think.

For now my plan is to restore parts of the interior to OEM, get her nice and clean, and remove that plasti-dip from the wheels. Long term, I want to drop in an SR20DET, but for now, I'm enjoying her plenty as is!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts