• Spin the wheel and let fate decide

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Toyota Tacoma I4
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my name is Gundam and I am in pursuit of a 240sx that I can take out on the weekends, sometimes on other days. I don't really care if it's the s13 or s14 as I like both equally. I did find a good amount for under 7k stock so I am not too worried about them being abused by their owners. I am not looking into making it into a drag car or drift car but just a good-looking and fun car to take out on the weekends. Currently, I own a 2012 Tacoma so I don't have to worry about having a daily as I can use the truck to haul tools and parts if I need to. I do know that I might want to make the car perform better so I might put some basic bolt-ons, some nice wheels and tires, and maybe engine swap but that's for another time to deal with but sadly I do live in California so engine swaps may be out of the question. I don't have any mechanical knowledge but I am willing to learn all that I can, buy some tools I may need and learn through videos and ask you guys for help as well. I hope to learn more and hopefully journey with me as I try to get my hands on a 240. The last thing is what should I look for when I go check on a 240 and what do I do with it when I bring it home. Also FYI I do have my cousin who knows more about cars so I'll be taking him with me to check out these cars.

·
Super Moderator
1,988 Posts
Hello there,
If you can find a 240 and it really is what you want, then go for it. There truly is a lot of knowledge out there regarding these cars and what to do.

Most of the original members of this site come from a time when you could buy these cars for like $1000-2000 for a stock car. $7000 meant you got a swapped car with some nice modifications.
Basically, the pricing is insane anymore.

You can still have fun with a KA 240sx. There is a lot more knowledge out there on turboing the factory engine. Check out KA-t.org

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone, my name is Gundam and I am in pursuit of a 240sx that I can take out on the weekends, sometimes on other days. I don't really care if it's the s13 or s14 as I like both equally. I did find a good amount for under 7k stock so I am not too worried about them being abused by their owners. I am not looking into making it into a drag car or drift car but just a good-looking and fun car to take out on the weekends. Currently, I own a 2012 Tacoma so I don't have to worry about having a daily as I can use the truck to haul tools and parts if I need to. I do know that I might want to make the car perform better so I might put some basic bolt-ons, some nice wheels and tires, and maybe engine swap but that's for another time to deal with but sadly I do live in California so engine swaps may be out of the question. I don't have any mechanical knowledge but I am willing to learn all that I can, buy some tools I may need and learn through videos and ask you guys for help as well. I hope to learn more and hopefully journey with me as I try to get my hands on a 240. The last thing is what should I look for when I go check on a 240 and what do I do with it when I bring it home. Also FYI I do have my cousin who knows more about cars so I'll be taking him with me to check out these cars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Gundam
I have a stock 95 240sx that is in good condition that I will be selling. It has a sunroof that is missing the trim on top, it is automatic and I live in Texas. Ill try to remember and post some pictures soon.

·
Registered
1995 S14 240sx S15 SR20det
1 Posts
Make sure this is the platform that you want. I was in the same boat that you’re in now a few years back. Friends and family with backgrounds, me thinking I could learn a engine swap. Already have solid vehicles for daily. All those people willing to help are nowhere to be found and I’m at around 14k in for full engine build. Parts are harder to find. I imagine your build will be different. Just my 2 cents though bro. Be prepared.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts