Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant seem to find a home for this plug. I dropped another SOHC in the this 90. It comes from the top center of the motor with the main harness then continues under the TB. It is a 2 prong plug.

Thanx guys
DJ

·
Registered
227 Posts
just a shot in the darkbut could it be the temp sensor plug located on head underneathe the TB area. just a guess

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Drift9 said:
just a shot in the darkbut could it be the temp sensor plug located on head underneathe the TB area. just a guess
Ive been staring at the old motor that was in it and Ive been lookin everywhere under the TB, on the head, but no luck. I will give it another shot, maybe Im just blind, wouldnt be suprised, lol.

Thanx for the reply

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
i have some random plug thats got a block off on it on my 90 that could not be used.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
tallic_red240sx said:
first of all, does the car run?
The car does run, but with issues. It wants to fluctuate at idle about 200-500 rpms. Of course it wont fluctuate while giving throttle. The motor is also running insanely rich.

I know on other cars, if it was a temp sensor, it could cause both of these problems. On the other hand, this is the first KA Ive ever got to mess with.

Everything else besides these 2 probs works great.

As for it being a blocked off plug, I didnt pull any blockoffs when I pulled the old motor out. Not to say it was on once before and fell out, but if there wasnt one there, then it has a home.

HELP MY PLUG FIND ITS HOME :help

Thanx guys

·
Registered
227 Posts
hey i was just looking at the picture again, does that plug connect to group of wires running over your intake tube?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Mine is dangling around too,but thats because i disconnected it when i removed my (and heres the question) power steering,AC,or EGR ??? But the plug looks identical

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Drift9 said:
hey i was just looking at the picture again, does that plug connect to group of wires running over your intake tube?

Yes it does. It sprouts out from the begining of where the MAF, IAT, etc. comes from. The loom/wires that this plug is connected is only roughly 5" long and runs under the throttle body, so it cant go too far.

My wifes dad and I stared at this thing today for like 30 minutes, like we were watching paint dry and still couldnt find a place for it.

Im just afraid its an IAT sensor or something. If it is or was, then that could be the problems Im having while its running.

:tears

Thanx for the continuing help guys
DJ

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
9sec240 said:
Did you just swap motors? Why was the plug unplugged to begin with?

Want to help.. but need more info..
Yeah, I had to swap motors. The head and pistons were fried on the old one. SOHC out, SOHC in

·
Registered
227 Posts
if memory serves me that goes across the front of the motorbehind the fan there should be a flat piece of metal the bends around that it plugs somwhere on a sensor near the injectors the is some air intake sensor there i remeber it gave me trouble too. check near the FPR

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sexual Banana said:
Factory Service Manual!!!!!!!!!!
Can I borrow yours?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So this plugs home is a pressure switch that sits below the TB. Its vac line runs to the upper EGR valve/diaphram.

Problem solved

1 - 17 of 17 Posts