Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys. My trunk won't pop at all. I have a '95 240SX and recently, my trunk just stopped popping open when I pulled the trunk lever. I can hear the motor acting as though it was opening, but it won't actually pop open. I searched the forum, found nothing. I find it strange that I can hear the motor working, but it won't open. And as far as I know, I don't have a key that opens it. I never tried all of my keys until now and none of them will turn. I have a huge sub box in the back, too, so trying to do anything through the back seats being folded down is nearly impossible. Anybody know what the problem is and more importantly, know how to fix it?

·
240-kid
47,143 Posts
Yours has a motor?
Mine is just a latch w/ the Cable connected to it...
And none of my keys work in the key hole either. The Key column is broken...

Best thing you can do it have some one try to pry it while you hold the lever up

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it's possible it's not a motor. If it was just a cable, that would make it all that much better because I won't have to worry about electronics being shot or something. I couldn't really hear it because my friends were yelling about something stupid and it was raining, so I kept hearing rain. I kind of wonder, after I pondered for a bit, if my subs shifted in a way that the trunk arms were wedged. Thoughts on that? I'll check it out tomorrow regardless.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I keep searching different key words and I'm coming up with more possibilities. Perhaps it is a valet switch in the trunk that slipped loose via subs or rough roads. However, I don't know if I have a key that opens the lock, either.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright, so I don't know what happened to my trunk but I got it open. I held the handle up while my roommate pulled the trunk open. No problem opening it at all. So I thought maybe it was a strange way of having a valet switch that requires two people to open it, so I flipped the valet switch in hopes that I would turn it off. I turned it on. My trunk is stuck again. FML

It's not all bad, at least I now know why it is stuck closed. I just have to solve that problem. So, how do I get in my trunk now? lol

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Valet switches can usually only be opened with the master key. Take the registration and your license to the dealer and see if they can cut you a master key and try that. Otherwise you'll have to slide through from the seats to flip the switch again.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Valet switches can usually only be opened with the master key. Take the registration and your license to the dealer and see if they can cut you a master key and try that. Otherwise you'll have to slide through from the seats to flip the switch again.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I figured out what was wrong with my trunk... the lock hadn't been used in damn near...ever. So it was practically rusted together. I doused the bitch in WD-40 and eventually broke the lock free. I now have access to my trunk.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts