Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

i have a stock sr20 red top and its all stock with a fmic. im trying to get more power out of this car whats the best way to do this? i want to make 350whp or more can you shine some light on this for me so i know what i need to get there. im hearing 10000 diffrent ways to do this and i would like more info before i blow something up. so please guru`s help me out so i can get the power im seeking. thank you very much for your time.

thanks,
pat

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i looked at that and i have a few parts already but im not sure how these parts will work out for me on my road to 350whp. so far i have

t3/t4 turbo ( 57trim )
550cc Injectors
SAFC2
z32 Maf

what else will i need to run 350whp safely. i dont have the money right now for a realy stand alone so ill have to do what i can with my safc2 till i can get a standalone. im not sure if the safc2 can take me to 350whp or not. whats the max i should push the safc horsepower wise and still be in the safe zone?

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
*waiting for 4x4 to jump onto this...

Youll need a way to tune your timing - which AFC cannot do

lol, I jumped on this in many threads. I think that this same guy already made a thread about it and didnt like what he heard so he made this one, hoping someone will give him the ok.

If it wasnt him there are too many people wanting to try to "tune" this way.

I guess i need to keep my mouth shut and let people blow their engines so the safc can speak for itself.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Let me take my time to "ruin" this thread for you as well. I am going to make a post similar to this in the ecu tuning section so I can just link it when a similar question pops up.

And just so you know, Im not trying to be a dick to you, Im trying to really make you think about what your planning on doing in so the people at nissan in japan didnt waste their time building it, so the people that pulled it out of the junk yard didnt waste their time pulling it, so the people that imported it didnt waste their time doing that, so the the boat that floated it over didnt waste their time loading it and waste fuel and ship space, so that the people that installed it in your car didnt waste their time installing it just to pull it again, so that the people that would have to rebuild it wont have to, and most importantly so you dont waste your money on a safc and waste time and money tuning it and so you didnt waste money purchasing this engine in general.

You have how much tied up in this motor? At least $2500 in the engine plus the turbo, the injectors, the maf.....
And then you want to skimp on the most important part? The method of tuning that makes your "tuner car" run? Your wanting power but want to make it the most impracticle way possible?

so anyways.

Here is your fuel map

and here is your timing map

They lay on top of each other. The fuel map is estimated target air fuel ratios and on a stock tune its pretty damn close. The way the safc works is by tricking the ecu into thinking the load is less. If your pulling from a certain part of the map getting a certain air fuel ratio your pulling out of the same part on your timing map. In order for you to lean out your massivly rich mixture to get a more desired air fuel ratio for better power your going to be throwing way more timing.
As you can see (I hope) that would be catistrophic if you did it with just using the 555cc injectors. Now your throwing in another variable too, the z32 maf. Now with that were really going to be in the dark. Its going to be really hard to be able to predict what your timing will be there.

Also, just know that it dont take much detenation to blow an engine. If you have detenation in just 1 given load and at 1 given rpm range that is still enough to blow your engine sooner or later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts