Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have a s13 and will be going with Koni yellow but i am stuck on which springs to go with and what rates. The car will be a daily driver/ drifter. springs make my head spin...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well it is because tein doesnt seem like it would be better then koni/gc from what if been hearing from forums and people i know so i was thinking of going with 425lbs for the front spring rates and 315lbs for the rear. what do you guys think of this, i dont mind a bumpy drive but i live in quebec so i dont want to hit a crappy road and have my car fly all over the place because they are too stiff and not abzorbing anythnig.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
yeah those would be good for daily, id either bring down the front or increase the back, personally i like that set-up better

and whoever said get tein coilovers can suck someones dick, koni shocks will be so much better

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmmm megan springs really i havent even hurd of megan springs so i was not even considering them, as for RS-R* are they really better then Ground control?

·
240-kid
47,143 Posts
^Thats your best bet.

But it's not that RS-R is better then GC it's just that these are Springs, and you said Springs. Didnt really mention anything about going w/ Coils.

As far as going w/ a Stock style Strut Spring the RS R and Megan are best bet

But if your going Coils GC is probably your only and best bet considering you can get any length Coil in any Rate...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow i cant believe i didnt even think of the most simple solution thats a great idea ill call them up when im done with school tonight.

p.s. didnt even know you could put spring on coilovers..... still got lots to learn

·
240-kid
47,143 Posts
^Not the conventional Strut/Spring combo style. Have you looked at GC's site?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yep so i called GC when i got a chance today and they recommended me GC springs to go with koni yellows.
I ordered these today and when i get them i will install those then i have all my suspension done.... think im glad i got it all done even if it wasnt too cheap:dancingna

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i did as i mentioned before (425lb/in front, 315lbs/in rear) sounds like the happy median, and hopefully it is and if not rinse and repeat.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts