Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1991 nissan 240sx fastback se 122k one owner car. Anyone have a clue on what I should be asking for this? Owned by an older lady that bougbt brand new off lot and has recently passed away.

·
Registered
1991 Stock Nissan 240sx
20 Posts
Pretty much identical to mine and I paid $1500 in Los Angeles. It depends on who you ask and if you want a realistic price or if you want to "fanboy" tax. If you are interested in selling I would like to talk.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I find it extremely hard to believe that anyone could find a clean unmolested 240 for $1500. Maybe 10 years ago but not now, values on clean 240's are going way up. Calling it a "fanboy" tax doesn't make sense, thats like saying a rare Ferrari goes for millions is because of a "fanboy" tax ? Basically any car that becomes rare and comes in demand is going to go up in value, period.

The car in question in this post is a pretty rare find, especially if its a 5 speed. I would say if its as clean as you say and looks, and runs and drives fine, a starting offer of $5k would be fair. Finding almost any solid clean running used car is going to start at $3k, and a clean rust free 240 is going to fetch a lot more. No way will you get it for $1500 unless they're desperate and don't know what they have.

·
Registered
1991 Stock Nissan 240sx
20 Posts
I find it extremely hard to believe that anyone could find a clean unmolested 240 for $1500. Maybe 10 years ago but not now, values on clean 240's are going way up. Calling it a "fanboy" tax doesn't make sense, thats like saying a rare Ferrari goes for millions is because of a "fanboy" tax ? Basically any car that becomes rare and comes in demand is going to go up in value, period.

The car in question in this post is a pretty rare find, especially if its a 5 speed. I would say if its as clean as you say and looks, and runs and drives fine, a starting offer of $5k would be fair. Finding almost any solid clean running used car is going to start at $3k, and a clean rust free 240 is going to fetch a lot more. No way will you get it for $1500 unless they're desperate and don't know what they have.
I have no need to lie. I have been doing this since the age of 13 and I have yet to pay more than $1500 for a 240 and I have had 21 of them. I purchased 2 in the same week for $600 each last week... One of which being a TK3 paint code which is 1 of 1300.

You could have approached that conversation in a different way. Keep your attempts at calling me a liar to yourself homie.

·
Registered
1991 Stock Nissan 240sx
20 Posts
I have no need to lie. I have been doing this since the age of 13 and I have yet to pay more than $1500 for a 240 and I have had 21 of them. I purchased 2 in the same week for $600 each last week... One of which being a TK3 paint code which is 1 of 1300.

You could have approached that conversation in a different way. Keep your attempts at calling me a liar to yourself homie.
Also the car in my profile photo was purchased in Los Angeles in September of 2019. 1 owner. 100% stock with 0 missing panels and great paint. $1500.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Just curious, where are you searching to find 2 240s for $600 in the same week? I've been searching for weeks and still can't find a decent 240.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A stock low mile 240sx sold recently on Bring a Trailer for $32,000. That's one hell of a fanboy! People want the car they had or wanted in High School. Now they are old enough to have money. Look for the price of stock $240s in good shape to go up and up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just curious, where are you searching to find 2 240s for $600 in the same week? I've been searching for weeks and still can't find a decent 240.
I call BS on that guy. Either that or he's talking about beat up, wrecked, missing drivetrain, etc.

Because he offered to buy the OP's car, it sounds like he was just talking crap and hoping the guy was a sucker.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts