Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I told some of the mods about this car a while back. I had a hand in building it and the owner has finally put some pics up. Words cannot describe the level of detail and engineering that went into this build up. The car is amazing to say the least. On the website they are going to be doing a long and extensive write up on the whole process. This is why I am posting this site it will give some informative info and have some great pics. I hope everyone enjoys... http://www.buwaldahybrids.com/

·
Registered
182 Posts
Dopeness of the highest order.:1bowdown

Looking at the name, wasn't that the one guy that had the orange RB26 S14 that was wrecked while it was being trailered from a show a while back?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Love the detail in the motorbay. Great work guys, very impressive. Any better more detailed pics? I only saw one of the motor bay and one interior shot, did I miss the rest?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Extremely well done car, not crazy about the dash, or lack there of, but the rest of the car is absolutely amazing

·
Registered
244 Posts
Nicely done up, very admirable work.. not my cup of tea tho.

btw, anyone with money and skills could do this. Whoever did the typing speaks as if they pioneered everything and plan to exploit/showoff. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just an obvious factor that kindof diminishes the entire thing for me. bleh.

·
Registered
89 Posts
yeah its a nice car.. dunno if i would say it was the best s chassis swap ever though. I agree with nameless on the text that accompanies everything, especially the section dealing with the "speed enhancements".. because it is obviously overexaggerated. Dunno, it just killed it for me after i read it because it puts off the tone that he thinks he hung the moon with this swap and its difficulty. Also would have been better if the majority of the AN fittings and stainless lines in the bay were real instead of covers. I know some of them are real but it's just somethign that caught my eye.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
sparksta said:
yeah its a nice car.. dunno if i would say it was the best s chassis swap ever though. I agree with nameless on the text that accompanies everything, especially the section dealing with the "speed enhancements".. because it is obviously overexaggerated. Dunno, it just killed it for me after i read it because it puts off the tone that he thinks he hung the moon with this swap and its difficulty. Also would have been better if the majority of the AN fittings and stainless lines in the bay were real instead of covers. I know some of them are real but it's just somethign that caught my eye.
Exactly why I never read the process of build ups. I just look at the pics to see how it transformed. We all know how it got to where it is, but it did take time and alot of effort to get it that way, especially if they did their own polishing work. A lot of attention to detail went into that car and it gets to be a long drawn out process when doing it. It all sounds easy and fun til you are about half way done and realize that you still have half to go, thats sort of discouraging (at least for me). I don't prefer the interior, I'd have kept the stock dash and wrapped it in suede but showcars are supposed to be 'off the wall' if they want to win.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Heya guys:

Thanx for the *constructive* criticism. LOL

sparksta---you seemingly have not converted all heater hoses in an install, otherwise you'd know heater hose and AN fittings don't go together. All lines that *needed* to be AN are, like 10-AN fuel lines. And by the way, every hose *is* REAL stainless hose, not OEM hose covered in braided steel shielding (well except for the OEM oil vapor lines).

Nameless---is that an axe I hear you gridning in the background? If you don't like the text, sorry. It was written for folks without a tremendous background in the RB26/S14 swap. You have done an RB26, it seems...I assume it's in and running? So you know it wasn't a homerun install like an SR, CA, or KA-T.

To everyone else, thanx for your input. The good part is, it's my car, in my garage, and I am phucking stoked the way it looks and runs, and in the coming months, it will only get better! :) I guess that's all that matters.

Peace,

Scott

·
Registered
6 Posts
OK, so I have "adjusted" the write-up to be more friendly of the RB hard cores, while still be accurate for those that have no clue. Please advise if this is more readable.

And by the way, this *is* a promotion site---it's to promote the build-up, so yes, some of it will be a little "salespitchy", but that's the point.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts