Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some Pix of my car... 89" 240sx...

I recently bought this car for 200 dollars and its been sitting for 2 years ... :rotflmao yeah... lol...
but i'm putting up some pictures of what i'm working with and maybe everyone here can give me some opinions or advice.. :1duh
I seriously want this car to run... :heyhey

====================

==========================

==========================

=====================
===

:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Did you buy that at the junkyard or what? Driver fender side is bashed in. Front core support isn't straight. Probably a lot of rust and a seized motor. Honestly I'd just part that out and get a working car. It would take you a lot more money to fix all those problems than to buy a working car. G'luck if you decide to keep it and fix it.

·
Registered
10,717 Posts
Looks like a parts car to me ill take the valve cover, coolent reservoir, wiring harness.

Ill give you $100 for all that shipped to 90041

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got the engine to run for like 25 seconds then it just died.. what could that be? the intake manifold is off btw... and i think i need to put it back on with all the rest of the tubes... :)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
You NEED to sell that heap and buy one that's at least in one piece, or runs. Preferably both.

·
Registered
148 Posts
wow you got ripped! i wouldnt have taken a second look at that. thats not even a fixer upper that thing is just trashed. for the price of getting it running and street legal you could buy a decent s14

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
dont get rid of it, part out what you can, and gain valuable knowledge on how to work on cars while doing so

·
Registered
10,717 Posts
so does that mean your going to send me the parts i can tell you exactly how to take the shit off

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Dont sell it, that's a track car in the making. If your wanting to make this into a super nice car you might as well get a different one, but if this is going to be a fun/beater/track car then its perfect.
As far as getting it running. Take the valve cover off and make sure the initial timing is correct, make sure you have good compression, fuel, spark, oil pressure and you should be good to go.:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
sell me your intake manifold ecu and wiring harness

·
Registered
10,717 Posts
sell me your intake manifold ecu and wiring harness
:happyfing:happyfing:happyfing:happyfing:happyfing:happyfing
fuck you i called dibs on the harness

umm maybe... depends where do you live?
not cool... you respond to him but not me:nono:nono:nono

·
Registered
49 Posts
The reason it wont run very long is that the MAF is unplugged, its in the intake by the air filter assembly. With it unplugged it will start then die.

Make it a weekend SCCA or NASA race car, lol, at least have some fun before tearing it apart. The open tubes look like they came from the charcoal canister. Just plug them up and your good to go.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts