Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i just did an engine swap to a de and im gettin no spark i have the proper ecu now i have checked the a screw driver for spark and i used a voltmeter on the coil and the coil is gettin 12 volts but nothing after the coil!! any ideas?? i have but a new walbro pump in i dnt know if that effects it..

thnx

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
lol i mean u used a screwdriver with the plug wire to check for spark and the coil is gettin power and help would be appreciated

thnx..

·
Registered
167 Posts
check all grounds, the one on the back on the head (by master cylinder) from the harness is very important trust me. same issue for 4 months.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Power Transistor

If you are getting 12 volts in and no spark out..

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
On the Coil...

CHECK THE FSM

·
Registered
241 Posts
Either you need a new coil or a new ignitor or both.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey I'm havin the same delimma but I'm usin the sohc ecu is that ok?? Oh I did used the search button plenty of times. Sry for takin over the thread

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hei is there anyway to bypass the coil to the distributor to know if the coil is the problem??

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
install a new one

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so i got a new coil power is goin through it i checked the ground near the master cylinder it looks ok and i check the plug goin to the distributor and it has power BUT STILL NO SPARK im goin nuts lol... i think is the diestributor but any suggestions would be awsome

·
Another squid on a Gixxer
1,448 Posts
how old are the cap/rotor on the distributor? if they're old enough they could be corroded/worn to the point of not making good enough contact to generate spark.. also, have you checked the plug wires, and made sure the distributor is plugged all the way in?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it seams fine inside the cap and the wires are new is there any way to test them before i go buy a new one??

·
1,448 Posts
so, you're getting power to the coil, but are you getting any spark out of the coil? which coil did you get? stock? aftermarket?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
its stock and im reading voltage comin out of it with my volt meter. could it TDC?? i heard the sensor will not allow spark if its not set right..

·
1,448 Posts
you should still get spark.. other than the distributor, the engine doesn't know where it's at.. so it'll always allow spark if you've got it hooked up right with working parts.. try an aftermarket coil, like the MSD blaster coils.. I had pretty good success with mine..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts