Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Terrano 2001
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

A friend of mine recommended to join this forum and ask my question here.
I have a Nissan Terrano 2 and it is consuming a lot of fuel.

I had a problem a few week ago. There was no spark. I unplugged a few connectors when troubleshooting the problem.
After I have solved the problem, I took the time to replace my sparkplugs and replace the fuel filter.

After that I noticed that I can only drive 300+- km with a full tank. Normally I could drive 550 / 600 km with it.
I don't know if it is because i replaced the spark plugs or did I damage a connector?

I dont know how to figure out the problem because most of the stuff I learn from youtube.
I have attached 2 pictures in this post.
One is the sparkplug that was in the engine for 2 years or more. And the other one, the one that is black was installed last month.

Could someone help me troubleshoot the issue ?
Gas Auto part Wood Nut Metal

Automotive tire Wood Plant Gas Auto part

·
Registered
6 Posts
It sounds like there could be a few different issues. Typically dumping fuel (excessive fuel consumption) could be from faulty O2 sensors, usually the down stream sensor is not communicating properly with the up stream O2 sensor. Most times this comes with a check engine light, rarely but possible on older cars with no check engine light. Another possibility could be the Mass Airflow sensor. Both the mass airflow along with the up stream and down stream O2 sensors work together to regulate air/fuel ratio. The other possibilities could be fuel pressure regulator, injectors, and ignition timing (for cam driven distributor). All of these alone or in any combination will also cause a rough idle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It sounds like there could be a few different issues. Typically dumping fuel (excessive fuel consumption) could be from faulty O2 sensors, usually the down stream sensor is not communicating properly with the up stream O2 sensor. Most times this comes with a check engine light, rarely but possible on older cars with no check engine light. Another possibility could be the Mass Airflow sensor. Both the masow along with the up stream and down stream O2 sensors work together to regulate air/fuel ratio. The other possibilities could be fuel pressure regulator, injectors, and ignition timing (for cam driven distributor). All of these alone or in any combination will also cause a rough idle.
that's the closest to logical

1 - 3 of 3 Posts