Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,this is my first post since becoming a member yesterday. I own a '90 240sx hatch with a red top sr20det that i picked up from a friend that actually swapped in the motor and got frustrated cause he couldnt get it to run right.Im basically a noob to Nissan so i think i took the right first step to owning this superb vehicle and had a professional shop rewire the engine with a new sr harness and new stock harness. Except that, i have the usual first power mods(turbo elbow,downpipe, full 3" exhaust(no cat),Greddy intercooler kit,hot pipe with Blitz blow off valve,Greddy airinx air filter,Walbro 255 fuel pump,300zx fuel filter, Blitz electronic boost controller,dual electric fans,stiffer Nismo engine mounts,Spec stage 3 clutch and lightweight flywheel combo,some crappy Autometer gauges that were already in the car(egt,boost,afr,oil pressure)who knows if they are working correctly,Ichiba 5 lug conversion,rebuilt 300zx turbo brake upgrade with cross drilled and slotted rotors and Hawk high temp. pads,Tein Basic coilovers(that were already on the car...YUK),Battle Version rear upper control arms,Energy Suspension full bushing kit,Circuit Sports coolant overflow tank(love this piece)..i guess those are more than just my engine mods....Finally to my question, I get a breakup at high rpm ,not always,sometimes it runs strong all the way to redline,is it a fuel problem or an airflow problem? Thanks in advance for any info. Oh and 17" mb weapon wheels thanks to Enjuku Raing!!!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
could use a tune...my ka breaks down then its cold outside (below 35ºish) because it needs to be tuned better. just a thought, seems like you have quite a bit done for stock everything. Could also be maxing out the injectors

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replies guys. 4x4le you really think its blow out with a stock turbo? going to be changing my plugs. since this will be my first set changing what works good on these motors and what do you recommend i gap them to?

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Well it could be if your running some of them "pre gapped" plugs that come as large as 42. I was just throwing it out there as a possibliity since i hear too many people think pregapped means its gapped perfectly for their sr20det for some reason.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts