Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just wanted to ask you all what you think of the Genesis coupe. I'm thinking about getting the 2.0L turbocharged model for a daily driver as I build up the 300ZX twin turbo I want to build. Any thoughts you all have on the car? I'm expecting opinions of course, but it looks like a nice car, and likely will respond well to some modifications.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
lol really no one has a response??? haha well yesterday I decided during my 2 hour break between classes that I would head on over to the nearest Hyundai dealership (a 25 minute drive) and see if they had any Genesis coupes available to test drive. They only had one, a Track model V6.....oh boy that was a fun car to drive =) theres good room up front, there are back seats, though im going to say they are about as useful as those found in the mustang most likely. The acceleration was great, I never wen't over 3000 rpms though, the car got up to speed really well. Overall my first impression of the car was: me likey =) It had a very nice interior, it takes me a little getting used to being in a small sports car versus my Jeep, but I defenitly enjoyed the test drive of the car. It handled really well, though it would be very very easy for me to speed in that car and not realize it, that is for sure lol.

Of course then I went down to the closest Nissan dealership today (only a 5 minute drive =P) and sat in there one and only 370Z....:heyhey I may become a 370Z owner by the end of the year =) It just sucks that insurance would be a fucking bitch on it, over 300 a month =\ but I will pay most of it off with a big down payment, so yay for small car loans lol

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hyundai's are EXCELLENT cars to get.
I have had 3 Tiburons.
An 03 GT V6 6spd, I bought my sister a 01 Tib, and I also had an 06 4 cylinder.
The warranty and Hyundai's backing of their warranty is incredible.
I've never had any major problems with any of my Hyundai's.
The Genesis Coupe is a HUGE leap forward for Hyundai, and has been laying down some very impressive results.
What you're getting for the money is second to none right now.

Not trying to advertise too blatantly, so a mod can edit this if they want, but I'm an admin for a large Hyundai site you should check out.
crookedH.com
referral : i_drive_naked

We have a wealth of info about all things Hyundai.

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
well 2 friends of mine have the genesis coupe, one the turbod 4 cylinder, the other the 6 cylinder. they both love them. say there super fun cars. i have yet to ride in either of them but i like the styling of them alot. i think it would be a pretty sweet daily driver, RWD, pretty affordable, the option of a turbo(and its cheaper)... id say go for it!

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts