Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 97 se and i have done a lot of repair since i bought it now i dont know wat to do cuz my check light dosent go on one more but my car bougs at 5,ooo rpm and nissan told me that it should red line at 6,500 rpm so i dont know wat else to do becuz i took it to nissan and they can find out wat the problem is ... so im hopein that this has happened to some one else and they can tell me wat to do ..... if u have the answer write back or email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
82 Posts
do you mean bogs at 5k or does it just stop turning up at all? What gear does this happen? m/t or a/t?

·
Registered
80 Posts
this is happening to my friends 89 too. since he bought the car he has changed the plugs, wires, coil and cap, and fuel pump. And last week his started to do the same thing. But heres the weired thing, it doesnt always do it. Some days it will run fine and some days it will run like crap all day. So we didnt know what to think. Last night just for sh*ts and giggles we did a compression test. 130-140 across. So pretty damn low, if im not mistaken stock is 192

1 - 4 of 4 Posts