Votes: 0 0.0%

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I probably have to start with yes, I am mechanically inclined, work at a racing trans shop, am decent with cars, and know my way around most all common errors and some more complicated ones with a good few Japanese cars. I'm more familiar with Sentra SE-R Spec Vs, 90s Civics, and smaller shit like that, I've wanted a 240sx S13 90-93 for as long as I've ever loved cars, however, I am only 16 and I know people look down on me trying to do stuff like this. I understand with everything happening, Covid, Gas (at least here in the United States), the market has exploded. I'm not rich otherwise I wouldn't give a damn and I'd throw all my money at one the second I saw it, first of all, I just want to know right now what they are fairly going for. I've seen built drift cars for 13-24k on FB and eBay and a few other places. I really would prefer to find a mostly stock one, replacement parts aside I don't want one with big fenders, side skirts, wings, splitters, rims, none of it. If a tie rod got replaced with an aftermarket one because it went out so what but how much is a good starter for a stock 1993 240sx? Another I've got is how hard are they to work on and what are the most common problems that you guys have with yours. I am considering buying an SR20 det I found on Facebook marketplace, full motor, but is it really worth the 2 grand he is asking for it, and if so how much is a shell of a 240sx? I really would like a manual as well. Lastly how long have you guys had yours and are you happy with how much you bought it for, spent on it, or even if you sold it? Thanks any and everyone :D

·
Administrator
5,186 Posts
I'd honestly stay away from any of the dedicated drift cars. They've been abused and/or driven hard. They might look good on the outside, but once you start digging, I guarantee you'll find a crappy shell underneath.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The prices are all over, and seem to be rising. I got a rolling project for about 3k a few years ago. The more i drive it, the more i like it.

The SR20's less of a headcase than the KA - i'm still stock on my 91, and every problem fixed brings on another one. I don't find it any more challenging than anything else i've worked on - not saying it's an easy project.

2k for and sr20 - with - the turbo's a steal. Just the engine, it could still be a decent dependent on history/documentation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts