Nissan 240SX Forums banner

61 - 80 of 200 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
A-Shop, no need to go around and bump ALL of the stickies with useless comments..

but welcome ;).

·
Registered
4 Posts
dont be like 100,000 other people with 240s that have sr's be different like me and go ca18det
im wonder about this engine, seems like everybody has sr's or ka's... but what the ca can offert... i bn reading and doing some research but i would rather tell me from somebosy who has it

·
Registered
309 Posts
Go VQ35, perfect for the 240, the engine sits way back for turbocharging at a later date and it has a 6 speed tranny. The motor has good power with simple bolt ons too. If my car didn't have an sr I would go with it. Before any of that do suspension and braking systems upgrades ... do it right.:twocents:

·
Registered
5 Posts
1996 240sx SE

wadddup wadddup?!?? I'm a new member, was wonderin, what kinda tips/advice you guys would have for me? I just bought a 1996 240sx SE 93k on original twin cam & chasis, what's the first thing you guys would recommend I do?!??

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey man this post was really informational... quick question, I just got a 1996 240sx SE, as you said, not many things change with the de, i've got a twin can wit about 93k on it, should your instructions apply to my engine? thanks man

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
Yes

·
Registered
4 Posts
i am a firm believer in cleaning. everything should be cleaned to the spec. dont leave raod grime all over your underbelly. no dirt under the engine bay and definately no dirt inside. your ride will be judged by the cleanliness of the parts you install and how clean your ride is overall. even the most bad ass swap combos can look like hell if they arent done cleanly. dont let your drive to get the job done over ride your ability to do it right. take your time and clean as you go and you will appreciate it alot more when people say " dam, thats a clean ride" as opposed to "dam that rb swap looked like an abortion". be proud of the work you do.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i think another problem that should be addressed should be wheel bearings and lubing caliper bolts. nothing drags down a motor like stickie breaks and effed up wheel bearings. also like Shanomak said "cleaning" like road crud in wheels. increased unsprung weight not only robs HP but unbalances wheels causing uneven tire wear.

·
Registered
57 Posts
This is a great write up man thanks a mil for putting this up! I was actually askin myself what I needed to do first on my car lol and bam look what I found!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I agree with the comments that you should do suspension work first. The 240 doesn't handle well until the suspension is upgraded, and then it handles like a rail. Get some good coilovers, then you can lower it as well. I put Tien Flex on mine, but there are cheaper ones. And then you need to get some adjustable camber arms to lower it properly in the rear. If you are not putting on a turbo, get a cold air intake, some bolt on headers and catback exhaust, and you will notice a big difference. You will also end up needing a new clutch, the original ones burn out fast. When you do that you can add a light weight flywheel as well. With these improvements you will notice a difference in the KA power right away. But if you can afford it, there is nothing comparable to the SR 20. I had a KA for years, and just added an SR 20, and the difference is astounding on this car. If you think you are going to do that, don't waste money on KA upgrades, just go to the SR 20 right away. But if you can't afford it, stick with the KA and don't be misled, the SR swap costs a lot more than people realize at first because of all the add ons it requires. Make sure you have the cash to do it right before you make that jump.

61 - 80 of 200 Posts