·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i decided i was sick and tired of
1) my leaking valve cover gasket
and
2) my annoyingly loud tapping and rattling head,

so i decided to follow raine's lil garage guide and remove the timing chain guides...

BTW_ my car has 127 miles, head looked sexy, my tensioner was in fact STUCK and some degreaser set her free, for those of you who have done timing chain work you understand. Anyway, the guide was great and no more rattling, so thanks to Rain3 for that, but problem is, after puttin it all together, my idle was rough. Now it wasnt consitently rough, but sparatic.

Heres some more wierd shit:
-it had begun doing this very very seldom before i attempted this job, but immediately after, the engine would shudder every 7 seconds or so. WIERD.
-i dont think i screwed up with the distributor. I did it right, and i put it in the same position i left it.
-it doesnt start trippin until the engine gets a lil warm. WIERD.
-i also sprayed the valve cover :greddy:, and as irrelevant as that is, i hear that there may be a pcv valve in the valve cover somewhere...if there is id love to know.

ANY IDEAS? I hope i really killed you guys with this one..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Are you sure you didn't change the alignment of the timing gears?

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
SyDeWaYz said:
-i also sprayed the valve cover :greddy:, and as irrelevant as that is, i hear that there may be a pcv valve in the valve cover somewhere...if there is id love to know.

i doubt that. the only one ive seen is under the intake manifold. hell u could always change it, but i doubt theres anything wrong with it.

·
Registered
396 Posts
i havent worked on the ka much (except to take it out), but on the sr there is a pcv valve on the left rear side of the valve cover and on the front right side there is a vent hose to the intake (which i think is on the front left on the ka). to get ur idle back right, go through the fsm troubleshooting guide for the idle and make sure the timing chain was done right, not really sure if i can help much other than that though.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wierd..thanks for the answers guys,
but after driving for about 3 days it just stopped.
could be my idle control valve acting funky....

i also had degreased the tensioner, which was stuck in a position which really held the timing chain down tight, so maybe lossening it up took some time to get used to??? i have no idea how this engine timing stuff works, but all i kno is i idle fine now...

and to screaming 6, just follow raines guide and it will be easy...cause as far as i kno now i have a rattleless, oil leakless, redtop ka24de...all in one day. Tite.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.