Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum and Nissan's. I tried to do leg work in the search area but probably didn't look in the right places. I'm going to check out a car my friend got for us to part out tonight and need to know how to tell what engine is in it. He didn't really check it out but saw great parts and started taking stuff off. Things I know from him are.... Engine sits sideways, DOHC, Black Top, Stock looking Greddy Turbo, Full NOS Set Up, & a Turbo Specialties Control Unit. From what I searched it sounds like a SR20 but I need to find out for sure before I sell stuff. I don't want anyone to buy something then be pissed I sold them something different. Or point me to where I need to look and I'll research more.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Well first off what kinda car is it?

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
You said the motor sat sideways? Doesn't sound like a SR to me.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Could be if it is a FWD SR. Like the ones in a Sentra...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll make the drive tonight & check it out. My buddy has no interest at all in the car so info is limited right now. He did say it has a trunk not a hatch but that's about it. I saved it from being smashed by him yesterday at the salvage yard. I'll give more info when I get it. I was just trying to find out if it's stamped on the block or where the casting # would be if there is one. Thanks thus far guys.:thumbsup

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, it's a 200sx and I think it's a 1.6 DOHC, or 1.8 DOHC (very unlikely 1.8) The header I have doesn't look like the SR20. It has a Garrett A/R .48 M24 with an adjustable valve on the waste gate and the rest of it is this kit
Turbo Specialties Extreme Turbo Kit - TSI High Performance Turbo Kit The top pic shows the Injection Control Unit With Turbo Timer and the 2 Injectors With Interface Box which is the one I have but the bottom one doesn't. Not bad we only paid $100 for the car, good title, all black interior in great shape, body kit, adjustable coil overs, & runs. Oh yeah and the laughing gas. Anyone know if the turbo kit is interchangeable with any other vehicles? Thanks guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts