Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a bit of searching on this topic but yet to find an answer to this question.

Here is the story, installed a new headunit today, took it out for a drive. The car idles fine at first (i was warming up the car, didnt drive it for days), but once a while it would bounce 100-200 rpms at idle....but still smooth...i dont see much of an issue here, after all....old car 175k, 92 240sx Se

The car drive fine, but every time i come to a stop (traffic light/stop sign) when i step on the clutch / pop it out of gear the rev will drop to around 500rmps and bounce right back to around 900. The funny thing is that it seems like it would stall but it does not! Just dips to 500rpms and corrects itself back to normal.

Just wondering if this is a sign of things to come......Bad EGR? Bad IAC? Vacuum leaks? (i am thinking wild here.....bad ground?)

Please give me some ideas on what to look for, the car was driving fine before, just started to do this tonight.

I am pretty much a noob when comes to 240's, any input would help, thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
yeah same thing is going on with my ka24 i have yet to try cleaning the throttlebody but as far as the MAF goes thats new sooooo idk did cleaning it work for you man?? if not then what should i do?

·
Registered
146 Posts
It's actually a very common problem...check MAF idle voltage (.8-1.1v) TPS idle (.45ish) and IACV make sure all are operating correctly. The issue tends to be the IACV can't keep up with the sudden close of the throttle plate so to speak...cleaning parts may help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Another here with the same problem. i replaced my pcv valve and i think that might help a little. the one I had was pretty much at the end of its life. try that!

·
Registered
3 Posts
i had a similar problem with my ka when i still had it in, but like the general concensus, cleaning parts solved my problems, so that would probably be the best bet..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts