Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes. just like the title. I have a rb20det in a s13 hb. It idles real good and steady when its not warmed up yet. BUt once i drive it, it starts to rough idle. How can i adjust the idle?? I did sum research on idleing valve and all that crap about rb but couldn't find none. So i wanted to know from u guys.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
sounds like the tps isnt set correctly.
try unplugging the grey plug on the tps when its warm and see what happens.
if it doesnt change then loosen the tps bolts and adjust the tps to the point where the idle changes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did sum more research and i herd sum rb owners usually change the temperture sensor whent hey do the swap?? IS that true?? does the temperture sensor have anything to do with my rough idle?? YEah im gonna try to play arond with the TPS.

And once again THANKS ALOT.

·
Registered
694 Posts
do you have a FPR? if you installed a walbro. you should have one if you dont, just installed mine today, fixed all bogging issues, and idle problems.

·
Registered
34 Posts
ThrusTs14 said:
I did sum more research and i herd sum rb owners usually change the temperture sensor whent hey do the swap?? IS that true?? does the temperture sensor have anything to do with my rough idle?? YEah im gonna try to play arond with the TPS.

And once again THANKS ALOT.
The computer uses the temp sensor for idle inrichment when the motor is cold, once the motor is warmed up it uses the signals from the O2 sensor, MAF, Cam and Crank sensors to determine fuel delivery.

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Mavrick said:
The computer uses the temp sensor for idle inrichment when the motor is cold, once the motor is warmed up it uses the signals from the O2 sensor, MAF, Cam and Crank sensors to determine fuel delivery.
almost right but not quite.
nissan ecu uses the temp sensor to determine how hot the motor is running and what kind of tempature corrections to apply to the fuel and ignition maps.
however if the temp sensor goes bad then it can cause problems but not the ones described.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts