Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, along with the issues i am having with the fuel, it seems that there is an issue with the idle. the car will idle fine the moment i get her started, after like 10-12 min the idle will start to drop a small amount. you can hear the exhaust burp a bit as its doing it. eventually it will start to gradually go down until it shuts off. some history: i replaced the maf, o2 sensor, and the car gets flooded with fuel on all cylinders. i have a walbro with stock fpr. i have already been through 3 sets of plugs. also, while i was revving her i noticed that i could not really get past 6000 rpms. when i would get that hight the car would really start popping and backfiring. lots of smoke from the exhaust and smells like gas is everywhere. whats going on?

·
Registered
458 Posts
That exact thing happened to me. I installed the walbro with my stock FPR and it was running EXTREEMLY rich. I checked my fuel pressure and it was well above 110psi (supposed to be 38-42) What happened was the stock FPR was broken and it was letting the walbro run, pumping as much fuel as it could. I bought a nismo FPR and it started up and ran fine.

Get a Fuel Pressure Gauge and check the fuel pressure. If it is really high, you need to replace your FPR.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts