Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Im having a dilemna as to installing the coolant return line from the turbo.
Recently I bought a set of SS lines goin to and from the turbo. I realized that the original coolant hard line leaded behind the driverside engine and connected to a rubber hose leading to another hardline on the passenger side of the motor.
So basically my question is how did you guys install the coolant return line? Did you have something holding the ss line up so it doesnt just sit on the tranny?
Are there any other lines that may help with the install? Any advice as to how to get behind there without lifting the engine (I was thinking of removing the valve cover to free up some space) which i know its a bitch from a couple of turbo replacements..

well any advice is greatly appreciated~

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ImportGuy1208 said:
Gimme some time and I'll post some pics!
Im a very patient guy!~:)

K guys, I installed the SS line to the rubber hose using a hose splicer from HD...
http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDU...earchResults.jsp&MID=9876&N=2984+5521&pos=n18

Well after its all said and done, only to realize its leaking coolant onto the tranny.. now I gotta do the damn thing over agn.... what did everyone else do?????????????????????????????????????????????????? seems like it may be leaking on the SS side end... The clamp came off the SS hose end and when I put it back on, the braid shield may have punctured the inner rubber hose..

This is gayness!!~~~
I might juss get a replacement SS line from Summit or something and make it llong enough to connect all the way to the other side...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.