Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just purchased a 1990 240sx shell, and i plan on building this car basically ground up. Ive been spending hours i should be sleeping going through this and KA-T.org. Currently my DD is a 2001 hyundai tiburon, which has a little bit of money in it. Im getting bored with the tiburon so i decided to purchase a 240sx. I plan on completely rebuilding a KA24DE to put in it, that im getting for free so soon enough ill have the motor and start a tear down. Only thing that is holding me back from really starting on this is funds, so i need to start saving for a rebuild and hopefully i can get it before im done with school. Im attending wyotech and plan on getting the parts for the rebuild before my high performance class. My goal is between 225hp and 300hp, hopefully over time this can be achieved.

these are my cars:

Dent in the door/fender, (fixable or should i just replace?) also, the windshield is cracked, not worried about that yet.

Pignose

Plan on spending a lot of time here, grinding and what not, eventually painting it gloss black.

Interior isnt too bad, needs work, but so does the whole car haha

^ i guess those are 180sx seats, i wouldnt know the difference haha.

Im excited to start on this project, need a little frame work and tlc, but hopefully it will be nice in the end.

Let me know what you guys think, and if you have any input. Also i will probably need a new wiring harness for the KADE since the car originally had a KAE correct?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
nice. like the car. Hope you get an engine in that thing fairly quick. i am looking forward to seeing how this project goes. I'm in the process of doing pretty much the same to mine. It came with the sohc ka but the head was cracked so have taken the whole thing out of the car. Currently doing body work. Most of your body work looks fairly easy with the exception of that door. The fender can be pulled out but the door might have to be replaced. Nice to see you don't have to worry about a rusted rear hatch from the oem wing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
eh im not all too worried about getting the car running asap, i have the chance to take my time and do everything right, so thats what i plan on doing. Since your going sohc to dohc, do you know if ill need a dohc ecu?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
i'm moving on to either the sr20det or the rb25det. i really want the rb25 but the sr20 is better priced. But to answer your question yes you need a dohc ecu for that. I agree with you as far as taking your time. I have had my car for 3 or 4 months and have been doing body work slowly just to make sure i get it right and the way i want it. I'm down to only having the doors, engine bay, and inside left to finish as far as getting the car primed. There is plenty of support on here and other sites that will help you get the information you need for just about whatever you wanna do.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea hopefully i dont take it too slow and lose interest haha. This will be interesting starting from scratch with a shell.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
plans? haha basically a total rebuild, would like to drift it. KA24DE (eventually T) powered, going to shoot for 225-300 hp.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Looks good man. Nice find. I am in the proccess of building my KA as well. Same boat too, finances. LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts