Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Ive been looking for a good project car to build with my dad and I came across a 1995 240sx shell and I wanted to know if it is worth $2200.

here is a description for details

Nissan 240sx s14 zenki shell was gonna work drop an LS in it but too much cars so selling it... the car is manual missing a motor and tranny then exterior is pretty clean no major dent or bruise the car does have a rebuilt title like I said nothing major the interior is missing the front seats and miscellaneous interior pieces car suspension is semi upgraded front and rear most of the parts are new comes with q50 wheels 5lug pretty much it’s a good beginner car for ppl wants a good shell

·
Registered
10,729 Posts
If that persons spelling and grammar are any indication of the condition of the car I'd say no.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm always skeptical about fs ads with grammar like this, but could be legitimate (maybe English isn't their first language?).

As far as chassis goes, just wanna make sure it's solid (obviously), no rust that is compromising the structure. Also. There usually is some "wiggle room" with price.

Depends on you're goals for the project too. If you're planning on daily driving it. It may be good to get a more complete chassis that is only missing a motor and trans maybe a few other simple bolt-ons. If you're looking to build a race car, it sounds like most of the chassis stripping has already been done and would probably just need some prep followed by safety and power parts.

Definitely make sure the chassis is in good condition though- maybe even some internet searching on this too to know what exactly to look for

·
Registered
16 Posts
What does "rebuilt title" mean ? If it's a salvage title stay far far away. Not sure what your budget is, but Id try and find a more complete car. You're going to need around $10k to make that car drivable if you want to make it reliable. I'm always scared buying someone's incomplete project, especially if they've hacked up the wiring. From what Ive read the car sounds like a nightmare.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts