Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just paid 900 dollars for some shit shop to 'fix' my car. They then told me after it was all done, that I was still only running on 3 cylinders. #2's compression was gone. They told me it would run for a little bit, but no longer than a few months. I got 2 miles down the road. Dead.

As of now, I think I'm gonna try to sell it. I love it, I always will love S-Chassis cars, but with money and not having a DD, I need to get rid of it and get a reliable car. I don't have a house, I live in some ladies basement with no garage or anything. I can't keep the thing anywhere. I just don't know what else to do. If I had the time/money, this would be a great time for an engine swap. But I just can't justify spending that much more into her.

Yes, an engine swap is cheaper than a new(er) car, but all I really want right now is a car that is guaranteed to start up every morning. For the people who have paid for swaps to be done by a shop, how much did you pay? I am still curious, but I just don't know right now. I'm upset. This shit sucks.

short version : car is shit. what do I do now?

:tears:tears:tears:tears

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
That sucks man, $900 for them to destroy the motor. Hell, my last SOHC was a several hundred less than that rebuilt. This is a perfect example of why you never let a shop work on your car.
Just pick up another KA for cheap, or I'd just look for a cheap DD until you can get another engine.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Don't give up man. Ka's can be found for next to nothing. You might have a couple hundred in replaceing it, thats alot cheaper than geting another DD.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
To be honest no car, no matter how new it is. Isn't guaranteed to start every morning. Like others have said I'd just go to a junk yard and find either KA24E or a DE and swap it in. If you live in a place that has a junk yard called Pull-a-Part, you can get a 4 cyl motor there for like 125 bucks. But I'd def try and save the 240. Especially since you love her.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts