Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a member here for about half a year and have been reading (so as not to come accross as a complete newb), but this is my 1st post. Why is there only 1 page in this S13 section but many, many pages in the other sections?

I'm looking into importing a 91 JDM s13 into Canada (i live there). I have been looking at a few companies such as redlineimports.ca and importconcern.ca. I would like to know if anyone has any experience in the matter and/or experiences with these or other companies.

Are sr20det powered S13's reliable? Do they share many components with other NA market nissans or would i have to source out a JDM part everytime something breaks down?

·
Registered
625 Posts
a fellow canadian. well there are actually 424 pages in the s13 section.

about importing a car im not really sure whats involved. as far as cost goes you could probably build one for around the same price but with alot of better components than the stock one would be. maybe you want stock jdm one though i ave no idea. also you would need to get used to the right hand drive which isnt too hard.

the motor share somes parts with the na sr20de which is in afew cars and they also share other parts with other nissan motors but not too many. the chassis is the same for the most part. either way if you want to import a car from another country you have to be prepared to do alot of research and finding parts.

if your goal is for a stockish s13 than if you can find a nice one for sale, import it.

if your goal is to have the experience of building your own car and buying piecing together your own car than get a 240sx and convert it.

i choose to convert my 93 coupe and have loved ever minute of it. i wouldnt want it any other way. ive learned alot and am able to do it all myself...cept for the ecu tune which is slated for next summer (fackn canada winter)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
If there are 424 pages in this section how come i cna only see 11 threads. And my "display options" says " showing threads 1 to 11 of 11". how do i access the other pages?

My goals:I just want something that looks nice, goes pretty fast and is still comfortable and streetable.
Performance- 250whp, I think i can do that with some FMU and a boost controller? How does the stock turbo hold up? other than that some coilovers and exhaust.
Appearance -I'm debating whether or not to do an S15 conversion or just stay clean & stock and make my own lip kit. Plus Te37 wheels. And a basic stereo upgrage ( no subs).

Zero: thanks for the link, i'll check it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts