Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys i thought i would share my new car with you all. little different than my last 240 but this one is Perfect and clean. No rust!! im puting a blacktop sr in it and im working on a twin turbo design to be a little different than a normal SR guy.

let me know what ya think about the car and my twin turbo idea...

View pics here.......

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2016325&id=1192920427&l=ed9a9c7065

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Looks like you've got a pretty good project car. Be sure and let us know how that twin turbo design goes.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya mostly.

im starting a little shop in my area doing engine swaps, car builds and right hand drive conversions so im trying to make a unique car to show off my shop.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
An SR20DETT would def be unique alright. How exactly do you plan on doing that?

·
Registered
241 Posts
This car is gonna be a beast I can't wait to help drop the engine in!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well to see how ill do it you'll just have to follow the thread ;)

and carps13guy im plannin on runnin 2 small turbos, yes, but which ones.... im not sure. i pretty much want a reliable car that can be track driven and driven every day. to do this im going to be giveing the turbos their own cooling systems instead of running the turbos through the oil from the motor.

so basicly im designing a twin turbo manifold right now that can hold 2 small turbos (capable of around 11lb) and making a independent oil system for them. then working on making custom dumps for each turbo and downpipes. (big pain!!!) and getting everything just right..

AND im making BOTH turbos Top mount :) i hate having to work on a turbo that is botom mount...

it will be Very unique and put out some pretty decent power ;)

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
You know if your TT design turns out really well you may be able to patent it and make big money off of it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
haha ya thanks for the pics guys. those motors are SICK!! im looking for suggestions for turbos to try and do this with. im probably going to buy around 4 turbos so i have a variaty... but im considering getting two t25's off some one or a couple t28s off of a couple people and trying to do it that way.. i have quite a few different designes in mind. (not too far off of the ones above... i will prob run into a few problem but i should have a prototype setup in the next month.

oh and if anyone is selling an oil pump im interested. im giving the turbos their own oil cooler, pump, and tank that can hold 2 quarts and constantly be getting cooled rather than re using oil from the motor.

any suggestions would be awesome. i dont know a Bunch about which turbo works best but i know some... (i want to t2871r's :)

Ryan

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
That is insane.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts