Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Nissan 240sx LE
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm going to be building my s13 ka here pretty soon and have a couple questions regarding the parts I'm going to need to buy. So first things first, my goal is to build the motor to be able to make 600-700 wheel and hold 30psi, however I only want to run 400-500. I just don't want to be restricted when I am ready for more power. What piston and rods would you guys recommend for that much power? I was thinking wiseco pistons and manely rods, but i have no idea which ones. Am I able to keep my stock crank? I plan on keeping my s13 head and not going to s14 (unless you guys think thats a bad idea). I I would also like to go with a Precision 6262 just in the sense of eventual big power goals. Now my main question is do most of you guys make your own intercooler kits? Or can I buy one that is well made? Are the kits different for top or bottom mount turbos? And how do you guys normaly handle oil feed and drain lines? Do they come with the turbo or do you have to make your own? I'm sorry for the noob questions, I just haven't done a turbo build before so its all kind of foreign territory and don't want to be left with the wrong parts if I just wing it and order a bunch of random parts. Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Start off by choosing a turbo that fits your power goals. I typically avoid "kits" because they're never complete. After you find your suitable turbo, find a manifold that you like. Don't cheap out on any of this stuff to avoid having to pull off parts to fix Oil feed lines you can buy based on length and fitting type, just measure based on how you plan on routing the line, I made my oil drain line, it's not hard. Some "kits" come with lines and fittings, but often times you end up with crap that you don't use. As for pistons, rods, just get whatever suits your price range. I haven't heard any negatives about wiseco or manely parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts