Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this may sound completely stupid but I'm just double checking. Does the Ka out of

fit the s13 correctly. I ask because I knew with my old eclipse there were some issues from certain cars swaping out the 4g63 some times. I assume Nissan probably does not have any of these issues as they actually made their own cars, unlike the DSM project. However, I figured I would go out on the newb branch and ask.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i'm gonna assume that the engines will "fit" technically, yes. however the frontier is a truck, the xterra is an SUV, and the altima is a passenger sedan. if you look up the ka24de configurations for those vehicles they are of varying redlines, horsepower, and torque. i would not expect to have a fully fluid transition using a ka24de in a 240sx if it came from one of those vehicles.

then again, maybe once placed in the 240sx the gearing, transmission, and ECU would make anything i said above a non issue. not 100% sure on it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I looked around for a few hours and found some actual information I believe to be true. The Altima version of the KA has the distributor in a different location and if put into the 240, it would not fit as the distributor would need to be where the fire wall is.

As far as the truck and suv models they use a different bottom end and thus are not useable either. In fact, there are a ton of parts which can not be used from one to the other either.

However, this is just stuff I picked up off of thead posts from 5 years ago so I assume it's probaby true. Again, there is always the idea that the wire harness wouldn't work either or that there would be issues which would make the swap not worth it. I guess I'll just wait as long as it would take to get a proper 240sx KaDE.

The only thing which still bothers me is the conflicting informatoin about going from a KaE to a KaDE and using the KaE transmission. Some people say it bolts up some people say you need the bellhousing. Good times.

·
Registered
176 Posts
The only thing which still bothers me is the conflicting informatoin about going from a KaE to a KaDE and using the KaE transmission. Some people say it bolts up some people say you need the bellhousing. Good times.
just to clear this up the kae tranny bolts right up to the ka24de block i have done this like 10 times now lol :yummy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts