Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i searched for a little bit on the forum and didn't find much on this topic. My Ka24e auto tranny just decided to crap out on me yestereday leaving my house. I didn't even get into 2nd gear. I've played around a little with an old saturn transmission and an old gmc 1500 auto... and neither just up and fell out like this one did. Just thought it was kind of wierd.

Doing the 5 speed swap on it right now so i dont much care. Just wondered if there is something that the ka auto's dont like, or an easy way to fix this besides changing the filter and fluid. Maybe someone know's of a good site that explains alot about the ka auto tranny. Might help someone else out later on that has this same problem seems as how i didn't even get a gear crunch warning from this tranny. It's wierd having a car that will start and run fine, and shift into any gear... but doesn't even budge. :tears

They shouldn't have even made these cars in auto... I dont get it.:greddy:

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you havnt pulled it down out of the car yet. See if the shift linkage is working ....Mine broke and the car would move.... SP:: auto tranny quick fix step 1. Pull auto tranny out of car 2. put it in the truck 3. take it to scrap yard

1 - 2 of 2 Posts