Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
car is having problems...thought i could fix it myself if i can.

the car's front lights don't go down no more, i changed the relays and they still don't work. they only open up...why is that? can it be the motor or switch?

car engine started to make noises, since i changed the oil and added oil treatment...sounds louder than ever, seems like the chain is loose or the valves are loose, what do you think?

car tranny oil was replaced with red line gear oil 75w90, for some reason 2nd gear lags, it doesn't pick up as fast as usual, why?

and the tail light fuse keep on dying on me? i have to use a 30a fuse instead of the 15 and it will still die on me sometimes, it seems like the cluster lights are linked with the tail lights and the side markers, because if that fuse is dead, all those lights die with it...why?

any kind of advice would be appreciated. thanks guys

·
Registered
176 Posts
How much tranny oil did you put back in? I changed my tranny oil and use red line mt90 and it helped a lot. Shifts great.....Sounds like you might have a short in the electrical line if a 30amp fuse is blowing. The only way i know of checking that is with a volt meter and check the resistance in the line.

·
Registered
230 Posts
on the engine sounds, you might want to check your chain guides. i've seen a lot of E's that have completely destroyed the chain guides and sometimes the chain ground through part of the timing cover into the coolant passages.

·
Registered
106 Posts
ok here is the deal with your "light" (pardon the pun...) problem...yes the cluster lights and tails plus taillights use the same path when it comes to connectivity...I heard one time is kind of a safety thing, if for some reason you loose your taillights , you can see that your cluster lights are also gone...You have a short somewhere in the lightning path, Between Taillights and cluster...this also affects the computer section that handles the operation of the flip ups motors...did you replace or mess with your gauge cluster lately??? Anything from a bad cluster, short circuit in taillights circuits will do this. Replace cluster, or ...inspect taillights wiring...and make sure to check all fuses just in case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.