Nissan 240SX Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
S13 240SX 89
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone this is my first post, unfortunately, it's me asking for help on an issue I've been stumped on lol. I have a ka24e 240sx and the car was running perfectly fine with no issues for a few months since I got it.

My problem is it runs really bad at idle. This all started after I took off my valve cover gasket to paint it, after painting it I put it back on and the car started having issues. (I know I was bored during the covid lockdown and had nothing better to do lol) When I start the car, it stays around 500rpm and after a few seconds, it'll just die. If I have my foot on the throttle it's fine but does smell like gas and I do hear some pops and the end of the exhaust but the second I let off the gas it dies again. The engine does also shake when starting and running.

I've talked to several people and many of them not being sure if it's a fuel issue or a vacuum leak somewhere. Some of the stuff I've tried is cleaning out the MAF and the whole intake setup, new fuel injectors, and a new valve cover gasket.

Below is a video I took of it 馃榿

Premium Member
Sounds like the FPR has died. See if pulling the line off the top changes anything or even if fuel comes out.

Now would be a good time for a Tune up if you haven't done one yet. Fuel Filter, Plugs, Wires, Cap & Rotor to start.

Registered
I have a 95 hardbody with the same issue. Timing is right all the way around. New fuel pump, filter, and injectors helped a little. A drive down the street and the headers glow. No power. Won鈥檛 go past 30 mph. FPR is next. Oh and it鈥檚 throwing 1 code鈥 code 55 which is NO MALFUNCTION

1 - 3 of 3 Posts