Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
What, painting? I don't see what you're looking at.

Take valve cover off, use aircraft stripper to remove old paint, primer, paint. I rattle canned mine, then sanded down the fins to expose metal, and clearcoated over the whole thing. Looks pretty good imo.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the valve cover originally comes with like this stuff on it that looks like rhino liner so would i just have to sand all that off?

·
Registered
10,717 Posts
there are a bunch of people that powder coat and that shit is legit what ima do is buy another one have tat one powder coated and swap it on my car

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
the valve cover originally comes with like this stuff on it that looks like rhino liner so would i just have to sand all that off?
Aircraft stripper removes the paint chemically, the old paint flakes off, leaving a bare metal surface.

rattlecanned with the same method as I described above:

·
Registered
458 Posts
If you can get that black crap off I would but if not it can be painted over. I just cleaned it real well sprayed it with high heat primer then a high heat red. Then got a cheap sponge roller from walmart and a small jar of armor all and rolled the black on. I scratched it up when I put the motor in the car so I started to bead blast it. I will repaint it some other day. Its not hard at all just take your time. I would replace the valve cover gasket when you paint it. Don't get any paint under the cover or in the crack where the gasket goes. just lay it on a flat peace of cardboard and masking tape up the breather and oil fill hole.

This it my valve cover and I did the top of the intake to match hell I did the hole motor to match.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts