Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know i haven't been very active on the forums lately, but about a month ago, i picked up this gem for $1500. it's a 1992 SE fully loaded except it doesnt have a sunroof which i dont really care about. here's some pics:

its in great condition aside from the dirty, smelly interior. runs and drives perfectly. as soon as i got it i started tearing it apart. i'm swapping everything from my hatch to this coupe and vice versa, then i'm going to sell the hatch. although i dont have pics up of all the work ive got done, i'll post what i've got so far. i immediately pulled the KA out of the coupe and began prepping the engine bay for paint. it was a bitch but i think it turned out pretty good. i put a lot of time into it. the color looks similar to stock, but pics do it no justice.

the next day i got started on putting everything back in the engine bay, and i started pulling the SR20DET out of my hatch. i got both motors swapped in one day. i have the SR almost completely hooked back up. the KA still needs some work before its ready to run. last week i also swapped rear subframes, diffs, and rear suspension from the hatch to the coupe and vice versa. i'm out of town but i'll get some updated pics when i get back.

Things left to swapped over:
*Front Stance GR+ Pro coilovers
*Various RS*R poly bushings
*Tein tierods and ends

i'm sure theres more that im missing, but i'll try to keep this thread updated frequently.

i've got a few more goodies for the car on the way including the B-Magic S13 Silvia 30mm front wide fenders, 18X9 +15 MB "Weapons" for drift duty, and a Greddy M-Spec fmic intercooler kit. Aero, rear fenders, Origin hood and paint coming soon.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any reason why you swapped over parts from the hatch to the coupe? besides the obvious reason that coupes dominate fastbacks. is the coupe gonna be the drifter and the hatch a dd?
you said it. i've always wanted a coupe and have had no luck finding one. when i get the hatch running, im gonna sell it. its already pretty much sold, i just need to finish it. i've been offered $2700 from a co-worker of my dad.

jesus...where'd you find that for 1500? last time i saw a 240 that clean, it was 2800 and had 220k miles on it
funny story. i saw the car at a tire shop and asked the guy if he wanted to sell it. he said not at the moment, but maybe in a year or so. i saw him again at work when he was picking up a part for his truck. my dad talked to him for awhile about it and gave him his cell phone number and told him to call him if he ever decided to sell it. over a year later my dad got a phone call and he told him that he wanted to sell it and because he knew how bad i wanted it, he'd sell it to me for cheap. i still cant believe that he actually remembered. i just got lucky i guess.

·
Registered
9,337 Posts
why are you gonna paint the engine bay? It looks pretty damn clean to me? Are you gonna paint the car a different color or something?

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
wtf. cot damn that was one clean ass ka24de engine bay! hope everything goes fine with your swappage!

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Action Shots!

they arent the best, but its better than nothin. i wish my hood would hurry up and get here. i got an Origin type 1 hood, B-Magic 50mm rear overs, "BN Sports" aero, and some 18X9 +15 MB weapons on the way. i cant wait! im trying to decide if i want a roof and trunk wing. paint coming soon.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
B-magic 50mm overfenders arrived a few days ago. they look/fit decent. "BN Sports" aero should be here next week along with my Origin clear corner lights. im trying to decide between ditching my VLSD and getting a 2-way or getting my head built. i cant decide.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey fellow coupe owner!

Nice to see you on track and not being a poser.
fo sho. why build it if you aint gonna use it.

dude the roof and trunk lip look freakin awesome on coupes!!! what color are u gonna paint it??
im painting it the color in the picture of my bare engine bay a few posts above. in the picture it looks like the stock color but its not. it looks a lot better in person.

·
Registered
317 Posts
i love you. i wasnt sure if i could keep the pop up light hood with the front conversion for temparary purposes but if you can i can so it shall be done.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice coupe wat motor u have in it
S13 SR20DET redtop

i love you. i wasnt sure if i could keep the pop up light hood with the front conversion for temparary purposes but if you can i can so it shall be done.
lol, i saw someone else do that a few years ago. my Origin hood is taking forever to get here so for now im stuck with the pop up hood.

·
Premium Member
6,300 Posts
Please tell me your taillights are the ebay gems and not the expensive origins!!!!!! Woo hoo for 180 hood with bricks! Fuck yo style, let's drive! I like grande mucho explanation point.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Please tell me your taillights are the ebay gems and not the expensive origins!!!!!! Woo hoo for 180 hood with bricks! Fuck yo style, let's drive! I like grande mucho explanation point.
ebay gems ftw mang!! i got the corner lights on the way. my origin hood was supposed to be here this week, but uh, they forgot to put it on the boat. so no hood for another 6-8 weeks. SOOOOO GAYYYYYYYY!!!!! there are no origin lab, d-drug, bn sports, d-max, blah blah you name it, in the usa that i could buy. so, i have no choice but to wait. sucks the balls. aero should be here mid to late next week! wheels delivered today!

1 - 20 of 185 Posts