Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Y is marijuana still illegal? Can anyone answer this question without cracking some "pothead" joke? Seriously, the government could make 10's of billions of dollars off the taxation of marijuana not to mention make jobs for hard working americans instead of sending our money off to mexican drug cartels and local gangs...

PROHIBITION DOES NOT WORK

If Americans want somthing and are willing to put up the coin then it will never go away. The only way to do away with any drug is to eliminate the demand and that ain't happening anytime soon. Prohibition does not work back in highschool I could get drugs easier then alcohol... so what does that tell you?

Alright let look at this in another light

What if we were to legalize and strictly regulate and tax all drugs and prostitution? The government could save us close to 50 billion dollars in tax payer money that goes to the failed "war on drugs" not to mention the tax money that could eclipse 100 billion dollars! Street gangs would all fail. They would have almost no way to make money. Not only that but heroin and coccaine are the 2 major incomes of international terrorism. Its time to wake up america! We are lead to belive that if these things were legal the country would fall apart... Nothing would be different the ppl who are still crack heads and heroin addicts would still be crack heads and heroin addicts. Its not like everyone would start doing hard drugs because most of us know what it does to ppl.

And on to the health issue! There has never been any conslusive studies to show that marijuana has ANY negative side effects. Back when Nixon was president he set up a pannel to do a study on marijuana's negative side effect then dismissed them because they came back to him and told him they could not find any negative side effects of marijuana use. He then went and had another study done were they pumped marijuana smoke into the lungs of monkeys.. within a month they were all dead and the government said AHA! ITS DEADLY! but years later the facts came out. The monkeys died of due to lack of oxygen they were pumping them full of pure smoke.

some vids

Mr Obama at the town hall "virtual town hall meeting". What an arrogant prick that was the #1 question voted on by 10's of millions of ppl! May I remind u mister obama that the "online community" that you so cynically reffer to gave you most of your campaign donations YOU PIECE OF SHIT!

YouTube - President Obama at Virtual Town Hall on Legalizing Marijuana

The press sec couldn't even give a good answer about it when asked seriously from and economic stand point he just cracked some jokes at the american ppls expense......
NORML Blog » Blog Archive » White House Press Secretary Tries To Defend Obama’s Opposition To Taxing And Regulating Pot — He Can’t!

thats my rant for the day

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
NORML, join it haha.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Er...I've seen too many people that act like complete idiots after they smoke....Not something I want to deal with at work, or anywhere else for that matter. If I roll up to a fast-food join after a long day of working night shift, I want my food not to be eaten by some stoned retard behind the counter before it even gets to me. Unless they found a way to keep it recreational...and find methods to keep it out of the work place/schools and stuff, then I would always vote no for legalization.

I just can't remember the last time I heard of a friend of mine making something useful while high....and bongs of random material don't count.

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
at what point in time did i say we should all get stoned and go to work? I belive the opposite that it should be treated like alcohol. You can do whats called a mouth swab test that will see if you have smoked weed within the past 12 hours then if it came up positive they would be treated as if they came to work drunk. See the only arguement u have against it is the tired old stoner stereotype. That shit don't cut it anymore.

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
btw I built a 350small block from the ground up blue printed it and all while high and that bitch is still in my freinds firebird on the street and never had a problem.

·
11 Got the BanHammer
14,750 Posts
you have to look at the pot thing like people look at booze. do some people drink at noon? sure. do some people get behind the wheel after drinking? sure.

however, the results will ALWAYS be different.

how many times have you heard of some drunk fuck getting shitty...driving home, killing 3 people on the way, and doing 120 down the highway.

take a stoner, who is high as fuck, and the same "driving senario". at most he'll do 20, assuming he gets out of the drive way... if he does get in an accident, it will be a bump into another car, and you would treate it like a drunk person... check for "how stoned" they are.

this is a VERY shortened version of my arguement on this subject, not bringing to light other topics like: job creation, increased state and federal revenue, increased moral, etc.

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just cuz its played out makes it no less valid that weed dosn't kill

when cigs and alch kill ppl and destroy families on a daily basis and thats from fact not some dumb stereotype

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
I think weed should be legalized like alcohol. 21 years or older, no public intoxication, no smoking and driving (I don't want to hear about how you can drive and smoke, doesn't make it ok) and basically the same laws. It's not nearly as harmful to your body as alcohol, but just because most people don't do stupid things doesn't mean a lot won't. I do agree America is silly for keeping weed illegal but alcohol not illegal, but that doesn't mean it's always going to be like that. Right now the main reason it isn't legal is because America has already made way too much of an effort against it. I don't think ANY country would go full force against something and a few years later say "Oh... yeah... we screwed up. Let's just forget about it and make it legal." It's all just politics now.

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
^ +1

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I believe Marijuana should be legalized in the same manner as alcohol as well, although there are some issues that have to be dealt with:

#1. Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is exactly that. With alcohol, between field sobriety tests and a breathalyzer, a police officer can make a quantified decision on whether or not you are drunk and driving. 0.08 BAC. Black and White. If weed gets legalized and more mainstream than it already is, we'll have to have a QUANTIFIED way of determining whether or not you should be allowed to drive under the influence of weed. Regardless of what you say about stoned drivers vs drunk drivers, there is still an inherent danger from having a distracted, slowed reaction driver putting around.

#2. (And this is really minor but something that should be considered). With weed being legalized, you are creating new jobs for "honest" individuals, and most of the people brought into the legalized commercial manufacturing/selling of weed will be making minimum wage, or considerably less than what a now illegal smuggler/dealer/etc will make. You can be sure that higher level weed sellers won't be able to use "I used to sell drugs before it was legalized" on their resume legitimately, and guaranteed won't be making as much money legally as they did illegally. So what's the outcome? maybe an increase in crime in specific areas, and increase in trafficking more dangerous drugs, etc. bc their illegal meal ticket just got ripped up from underneath them.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Er...I've seen too many people that act like complete idiots after they smoke....Not something I want to deal with at work, or anywhere else for that matter. If I roll up to a fast-food join after a long day of working night shift, I want my food not to be eaten by some stoned retard behind the counter before it even gets to me. Unless they found a way to keep it recreational...and find methods to keep it out of the work place/schools and stuff, then I would always vote no for legalization.

I just can't remember the last time I heard of a friend of mine making something useful while high....and bongs of random material don't count.

I have to deal with stupid drunks almost everynight after they leave the bar....so alcohol should be illegal. Has anyone ever ate your food at a fast food place yet? news flash! most people that work in fast food NOW get high. Whether weed was legal or not....employers can still demand their employees pass a drug test....look at Holland...they do just fine.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
There's so many other things that we should be concerned about, weed isn't a big deal, ever since I started smoking I have obtained a more friendly personality and open view of things, not to mention I feel better with myself, I even lost 25 lbs. With the help of the gym of course. For real.... n I'm high rite now.

·
Registered
8,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
4,850 Posts

haha, those kids are probably already stoned. I was always stoned when I was working in restaurants as a teen. Don't know who has them around, but I worked at Panera Bread through high school. I'd get high as hell and come in and just eat all pastries all night.

Even while I worked in college I was stoned. I was a manager, and still got stoned. Just stepped outside and smoked.

If you want to smoke, your going to smoke now. I highly highly doubt people would start smoking just because it was legal. I sat right on the side of a major road the other day and got stoned with my buddy. Cars driving by and everything. Used to smoke on my front patio every single day. Neighbor had a big bong and everything.

People who don't smoke don't realize it when people high. It is not like if it was legal everyone would be high all the time and non-smokers would notice their life changing. Fact is, everyone is high all the time anyways.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
btw I built a 350small block from the ground up blue printed it and all while high and that bitch is still in my freinds firebird on the street and never had a problem.
I have rebuilt two KA-Es stoned as hell. Rebuilt them with my dad and always had to have the warmup bowl before we started everyday.

lol, I graduated college stoned as hell. Did most of it stoned.

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
Stoned doesn't make everyone lazy and dumb. Just some people. ANYTHING could make some people lazy and dumb. And the government probably saw one of those kids and attacked the hell out of it.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts