Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed some k-sport coilovers on my s14 this weekend and took it to the alingment shop this morning. They told me that they was able to get my camber in spec on the front, but said that the rear didn't have a camber adjustment. Only a toe adjustment and they where able to get my toe in spec. I looked at my FSM's and seen a pic of a rear camber adjustment on the rear upperlink. So whatup did they lie to me or what? I realize that I wouldn't get all my camber corrected but letting me leave with 2.5 degrees in the back and charging me $70.00 is wrong.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
The only think you can adjust on the front is toe, unless you have camber adjusting bolts like 240-kid said.
I went to a shop a while back out of curiosity to see how much a 4 wheel alignment would be, and the guy comes off with anywhere between $50 and $500 dollars, lol. The guy didnt even ask what kinda car it was.
You gotta watch those shady shops, hell, that's really what got me into working on cars. I got screwed on a deal, and ended up re-fixing what the shop fixed in the first place.

·
240-kid
47,143 Posts
Well he has K-Sport Coils (Bad idea) so he has front Camber Plates but nothing in the back so... He either needs RUCA's or Camber Bolts...

·
Registered
82 Posts
But what about that camber bolt for the rear that shows up in the FSM's. Its in the rear suspension part like page 6/24. (this is s14 fsm) Anyhow I am pulling off the tire now to check for myself. So I don't look too stupid when I go back up there.

I found it. There is a cam bolt on the rear upper control arm where it bolts to the subframe. I called them and they said that they must have over looked it. It is exactly where the fsm's showed it.

·
240-kid
47,143 Posts
Dont take it there, take it to a shop that KNOWS it's there, not a shop that needs the customer to find it...

Rip-off IMO!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts