Nissan 240SX Forums banner

LM4 gauge questions

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  xXxSilveradoxXx 
#1 ·
I'm looking at LM4 swapping my s13 hatch, and I'm trying to do some research into what kinds of gauges I should have on my dash. It's going to be a n/a build, so boost gauge isn't necessary. Someone has already recommended a wideband guage, but that's about it. I think I may also throw a volt meter in the mix as well, as I'm going to be running a sub and some other electrical stuff. Does anyone else have any suggestions? I'm new to the whole gauge game. And if this is in the wrong section, let me know and I'll move it. Thanks!

#2 ·
The LM4 is pretty rare, good find. The gauges that you will run will depend on what your plans are for your engine. I'd start out with Speedo, Tach, Fuel Level, Oil Pressure, Water Temp and Volts. I wouldn't go with a wide-band unless you are doing the tuning yourself.

So, what are your plans for the car?

#3 ·
I was looking at making a grip/time attack car that also doubles as my DD. So I'm not expecting crazy performance out of it, just enough to be reasonably competitive and still bring the reliability that comes with the SBC. Around 350 hp should be enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.