Nissan 240SX Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking at tein coilovers, and looking at the SS or FLEX models. Not sure which way to go. Im going to be entering drift events/ autocross events. Any thoughts. Also is it true the flex isnt rebuildable?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
i have the entry level Tien HE's with tower bars and 18x9.5 rear 8.5 front with kumho supra's. my grip and roadholding is insane. drifting is way easy, too.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
http://tein.com/overhaul.html
tein says on their site that it is rebuildable.
i had the flex on my s14 before i sold them and got silk roads. i didnt really like them that much they wernt terrible just soft for my tastes.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well theres a used set (15k miles) of JIC coilovers someone might sell me for 700$. any opinons on those?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright thanks. anyone hear any good things about the super drift coilovers?

·
Registered
132 Posts
afaik, JIC coilovers cannot be rebuilt.. they a sealed (at leasts that's what I heard). So if they are blown, you are SOL. You would have to send them in to JIC and get a brand new pair

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mmmmm im liking those KTS. thanks man

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Lith said:
afaik, JIC coilovers cannot be rebuilt.. they a sealed (at leasts that's what I heard). So if they are blown, you are SOL. You would have to send them in to JIC and get a brand new pair

as long as you dont break them doing something stupid jic will usually send you a new set, they did for one of my boys anyway.

·
Registered
105 Posts
im also about to pick up some tein suspension...i was looking at the super drift or one of the circuit masters. Drifting will be limited to the track, so i need something that can be used for grip on the road. any suggestions? im having a hard time understanding what makes the super drift ideal for drifting over the other ones

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thats the same prob i had when looking at em, because i needed it for grip driving and drifting. Get the KTS that khilgers showed me.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Lith said:

you dont know what your talking about

jic's can rebuild, or order new shocks straigfht up.

for instance jic flta2 is like 160 front and 120 rear (each) for rebuild, so like 240 for the whole rear etc. new shocks i think are like 250$ each. and you can get custom dampening and stiffer rates as well if you wish.

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
i heard the super drifts are helaciously stiff and they'd have to be with 10/8 spring rates. super drifts are supposedly good for drifting because they help with bump stroke and perform best with wider wheels and bigger tires. sounds like a load of bs to me. a friend of mine has flex's and loves em. personally, im going with silk roads when tax return comes my way. i wouldnt get the SS model, they dont have pillow ball mounts.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok. heres my dilema, buy kts for 1.2k and a short shifter for 250$, roughly 1.5k total. Or buy silk roads for 1.5k. What do you guys think?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts